Crown Princess Xmas Cruise - It started great, but then...

mkerner

Well, this was not the cruise we had planned for! It started off so promising - getting on board early, getting selected for the Chef's Table, great cabin location right off of the aft Terrace pool, etc.

The Meet and Greet for our group was, in my humble opinion, a success and we met so many of the members we had been speaking to through the Xmas thread for our cruise

On Xmas we had a fine dinner with others in our group in the Crown Grille...and then it all went wrong the next afternoon! We were watching football on deck and I became very ill.

I came down with Norovirus and was quarantined to my cabin for what eventually turned out to be the rest of the cruise. It was a truly horrible experience to say the least! I was finally allowed out for dinner (table for 2 only and back to the cabin) on the last night.

I will say, in spite of this bad experience, the medical staff was so professional, caring, and competent. I ended up having to cancel all of our excursions and the Chef's Table for obvious reasons. Instead I spent it on medical bills! Now we will see how good our vacation insurance is!

In spite of all of this, the Crown was a great ship and we will likely book her again in the Spring since I feel "cheated" out of this cruise. This was our first Princess cruise, but fortunately not our first overall cruise!

Not really the review I had wanted to post, but it is what it is. I really did not get to do much of what we had planned.

To all - A Happy and safe New Year.

I am so sorry you were sick on your cruise. We were also on Crown over Christmas. We did not hear of others being sick so I am not sure it was a huge problem on the ship.

Thank you for being considerate and doing your part to make sure that your problem did not become everyone's problem. I hope your next vacation turns out better.

Ditto, Christ is in my Xmas/Christmas, too...it isn't the spelling, rather the way we all treat one another.;)

I always thought the 'X' in xmas stood for the cross.

Back to the topic, What is the best Prevention for the noro?

Hi Mike, We were very sorry to read that you got hit with the Norovirus ! Thank goodness we were fine and did not hear of anyone getting sick. This must have hit you the same day we met up in the cafe on deck 5 after visiting Grand Cayman. We had the discussion with you and your wife about how rough the water was and what a scary tender ride back to the Crown we had. You looked fine then but I understand that Noro just jumps up on it's prey ! On a previous cruise to Alaska, the Golden Princess was hit with Norovirus, luckily it was at the tail end of the cruise, we did not get sick, but knew there were many others suffering. Service at all resturants and buffets were confined to waiter service only..no salt/pepper shakers. Cleaning crews all over the ship sanitizing everything in sight. The captain issued statements quite often regarding the situation and asking passangers to refrain from touching surfaces such as handrails, etc. Hand sanitizers were everywhere ! I know that the medical services were complimentary when needed. I am sure Princess will do right by you ! They should appreciate your sense of humor as well as patience and understanding in ealing with the loss of your time on vacation. We had looked for you often after that day I spoke of, and here we were thinking you both were holed up in the sanctuary just relaxing the time away ! Hope that your New Year turns out to be a great one and the next Princess cruise is a 100% delightful one. Thanks again for arranging the "meet and greet", it was a great way to connect with the others...stay well !

Archived