February in Cozumel

layditx1

I know we laugh at people who ask "what will the weather be like...?" but....here goes...what WILL the weather be like? LOL, not asking for exact temps, but do y'all think it will be too chilly to snorkle? That's my favorite thing to do, and we have always cruised late spring and summer. This is my first for winter! Plus, we live in Texas, so "cold" to us is a little different from "cold" to those who live north of the Mason-Dixon line! Any insight will be appreciated, and I don't mind if this becomes the butt of jokes!!!:p

Happy Cruising!

We're planning on snorkling in January, but we live in Colorado.

This NY guy has snorkeled in Coz several times in January and February, for me it can feel cool getting in the water, but once I'm in I can acclimate. Only once, when a cold front from Canada came down through Miami did I actually feel chilly. Outside temp in Coz was maybe 70, 72 at the time, plus it was a morning tour.

We will be in Cozumel on January 10 and I am concerned about the weather. I keep watching the weather daily online for there....and all our stops. We are used to cruising during the Spring/Summer/Early Fall when the temps are hot and that is how I like it. This is a first for going in January and I am wondering if I will be too cold. We are from PA and it is pretty cold here so anything is better than that I guess.

I cruised to Cozumel last February. It was in the high 70's, was a beautiful & sunny day, and I had a great day snorkeling. OAN, the day before Cozumel, we got rain in close by Playa Del Carmen, but it ended by 11ish and I had a beach day there too. I'm sure you will have good weather.

Their median temps show 80 something for every month of the year. With that said... I have been there in April, May, Sept and Oct and it's always 90 plus lol so not so sure about those median temps they advertise. I did see 60s there the other day.

I just checked my iphone and it shows in the 70's this whole next week.

Archived