goin out of my freakin mind !!!!!

cruzin w chris

greetings everyone ! i must tell you i feel like i am losing my mind, we havent cruised in about 3-4 yrs due to a combination of financial reasons and multiple (4) back surgeries that my wife has gone through 2 of them major. anyway i am finding it extremely hard to deal with not cruising in this long a period of time. i just wanted to air my frustrations and find out how others deal with it. thanks

I am feeling the same way we have a comp cruise that we can use before the deadline of sept 2011 and financially we really can not pull the taxes and port fees and airfare and it is killing me!!! my hubby is getting mad i have tried to find any way to get on this cruise!!!

Jan

greetings everyone ! i must tell you i feel like i am losing my mind, we havent cruised in about 3-4 yrs due to a combination of financial reasons and multiple (4) back surgeries that my wife has gone through 2 of them major. anyway i am finding it extremely hard to deal with not cruising in this long a period of time. i just wanted to air my frustrations and find out how others deal with it. thanks

The best way to get through this is to find a cruise in the future and get it booked. Even if it is a year or more away, at least it gives you something to think about and plan for. If before final payment you can't make it, then cancel the cruise booking (just make sure whoever you booked with doesn't charge cancellation fees). I always find if there is a cruise booked, even if it is way down the road, I feel much much better. Good Luck!

I am feeling the same way we have a comp cruise that we can use before the deadline of sept 2011 and financially we really can not pull the taxes and port fees and airfare and it is killing me!!! my hubby is getting mad i have tried to find any way to get on this cruise!!!

Jan

it is frustrating. i also dont think coming on cruise critic is helping very much either but i just cannot help myself, its kind of like a super natural magnet force that keeps pulling me to my computer and putting me on here !!!:eek:

The best way to get through this is to find a cruise in the future and get it booked. Even if it is a year or more away, at least it gives you something to think about and plan for. If before final payment you can't make it, then cancel the cruise booking (just make sure whoever you booked with doesn't charge cancellation fees). I always find if there is a cruise booked, even if it is way down the road, I feel much much better. Good Luck!

that would certainly be helpful but would have to wait for tax time to put down a deposit .

that would certainly be helpful but would have to wait for tax time to put down a deposit .

That's OK, you can use the time between now and when you get to refund to find the right cruise. Then when the check arrives, you are all set.

Jan

I hope this cruise is not one of the comps they offer you for a time share presentation. They are usually on the worst ships and they can cost you more than if you book a regular cruise. If this is the case, please post info on a new thread to get feedback.

• 1 month later...

I know exactly how you feel. My hubby and I had a cruise on the liberty of the seas, js fully paid in oct 2008 when in april 2008 he was diagnosed with Leukemia and was given 6 months 2 live!!! We were devastated, we moved from florida 2 NY for treatment and now he has won the battle!!

We have not taken a vacation since then. Now we have booked a cruise for december out of Puerto Rico on the Serenade!! We are going all out!! We might even renew our vows.

We know the cruise is a long way for now but that will give us something 2 look up to which is very important for my hubby, also he will be a lot stronger by then.

In my case, I did not look at cruises at all, I didn't know if I was going 2 be a widow at such a young age!!

His doctor is very pleased with his recovery and gave us the green light.

We will be making up for the years we couldn't cruise, however I will book my next cruise while I am cruising so we can get great deals.

I know exactly how you feel. My hubby and I had a cruise on the liberty of the seas, js fully paid in oct 2008 when in april 2008 he was diagnosed with Leukemia and was given 6 months 2 live!!! We were devastated, we moved from florida 2 NY for treatment and now he has won the battle!!

We have not taken a vacation since then. Now we have booked a cruise for december out of Puerto Rico on the Serenade!! We are going all out!! We might even renew our vows.

We know the cruise is a long way for now but that will give us something 2 look up to which is very important for my hubby, also he will be a lot stronger by then.

In my case, I did not look at cruises at all, I didn't know if I was going 2 be a widow at such a young age!!

His doctor is very pleased with his recovery and gave us the green light.

We will be making up for the years we couldn't cruise, however I will book my next cruise while I am cruising so we can get great deals.

awesome news on his recovery, i am very happy for both of you and you should without a doubt go ALL OUT for your cruise. have a great and memorable time.

Archived