Half moon cay question

esquire20

Hello, My wife and I will be sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam on 3-13-11 sailing to the Western Caribbean, this is our first time on HAL and first time at HMC. We have cruised Princess many times and found the Clam Shells to be too Hot and claustrophobic. Is there enough shaded seating on HMC to dispence with the clam shell rental? Thank you in advance for your input, Leslie

If you get there early enough and/or walk far enough down the beach there are shady spots in the trees between cabanas.

Early:

2063256080099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

Later on:

2090800970099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

We've never rented a clamshell (we don't stay in one spot very long) but it has been said many times on this forum that if you prop up the back with a book or something of that size they become less stuffy.

We just returned from a cruise on the Westerdam and had no trouble finding shaded lounges at Half Moon Cay. Maybe it's the time of year that makes the difference. We were definitely not in one of the first tenders from the ship and got to shore by about 11 a.m. Even so, we found available shaded spots facing the swimming/snorkeling area, so be sure to look there. It's the closest to where you disembark the tenders. :cool:

Esquire20, I just noticed that the Westerdam will be at HMC at the same time on March 14. That will put shade and clamshells at a bit of a premium. You might want to get one just to guarantee some private beach space?

Actually, last time we were there, October, it rained on and off and we appreciated the clamshell as a rain shelter, too. The afternoon turned out to be really nice.

Esquire20, I just noticed that the Westerdam will be at HMC at the same time on March 14. That will put shade and clamshells at a bit of a premium. You might want to get one just to guarantee some private beach space?

Actually, last time we were there, October, it rained on and off and we appreciated the clamshell as a rain shelter, too. The afternoon turned out to be really nice.

I will book one ASAP thanks for the info. Leslie

Archived