Thanks to all posters for the many hints, reports

dancer11

In less than 2 weeks my husband and I begin our world cruise on QM2. I read the posts here, some make me laugh out loud, some give me great bits of knowledge, and some give both.

For example, after laughing repeatedly on the numerous references to spats in the laundry room, I am now ready for the tension and hoping to keep laundry days down to one a week. They were the best part of one of the world cruise reports.

I'll be looking out for those who purposely wear Hawaiian shirts on formal nights, waiting to see the result of the rebuke from the maitre d'. Though I normally prefer short cocktail dresses instead of long because they are easier when dancing, my suitcase will have 3 long this time.

Will women chastise others who are exiting the restroom without washing their hands? I will continue to go up to my room to use the facilities more than I will use the public restrooms.

And finally, I have my fingers crossed that there will not be a cigar smoker in a balcony next to us, it makes it impossible to have the door open or sit outside to read.

And closet size being serious business on such a long trip, I thank those that suggested clips to keep long gowns from dragging, an over the door shoe storage thing, and those hangers for multiple slacks and skirts. I don't know which one of us wold win the closet fight otherwise.

So thanks to all of you who have shared your experiences, good and bad, and prepared us so well for the trip of a lifetime. Though we've only cruised on the QM2 once, we have sailed many times on Crystal. The complaints aren't too different, except those regarding inexperienced staff providing bad service. Crystal is all about great staff and service, and I'm sure we will find plenty of them on QM2 as well.

In less than 2 weeks my husband and I begin our world cruise on QM2. I read the posts here, some make me laugh out loud, some give me great bits of knowledge, and some give both.

For example, after laughing repeatedly on the numerous references to spats in the laundry room, I am now ready for the tension and hoping to keep laundry days down to one a week. They were the best part of one of the world cruise reports.

Please post a review on the Cunard board when you return. Like you, I find them fascinating and full of excellent hints.

You haven't mentioned taking a power board with you. They are essential for charging all the phones, cameras and lap-tops I imagine you will be taking with you.

As you mention, the laundry rooms are almost always full or there is a queue. I used the ships laundry service and found it to be excellent and well priced. My partner insisted on attempting to use the laundry and gave up after having to traipse up and down the ship trying to find a vacant washing machine/dryer and then having to have 'conversations' with people about who was next on what machine. Don't let such things affect your trip - let the laundry professionals take care of your clothes and you concentrate on having fun.

Bon voyage.

dancer11 -- A World Voyage separates the sheep from the goats. You'll have a fantastic time! Enjoy every minute of it. There'll be time to do so many things, even time to get bored occassionally! You don't have to rush to do anything. And, yes, it is best simply to keep a positive attitude and not look for things to complain about. Sometimes lamb is mutton, but so what? Enjoy! And I'd suggest that you don't try to keep posting on this forum simply to be posting, as some obviously do.

I did note that someone said the cabin walls had enough metal in them so that you might take magnets to use . . . . The QE2 had hooks that were quite useful for camera bag, etc. on such a long voyage, but the Queen Mary 2 does not.

Archived