LOTSA Cruise Passengers in Port

WahooNKS

We're sailing on the Star Princess Sun, March 6th. Due to be in St Thomas on Wed, Mar 9th. Would be interested in hearing from other passengers that have docked here with FIVE other ships at the same time. Maybe someone just off the Star Princess Feb 20th cruise could share your experience??

3,100 Mariner of the Seas

2,600 Star Princess

2,900 Disney Magic

2,100 Costa Atlantica

1,400 Zaandam

350 Radisson Diamond

= 12,450 cruise passengers on this island!!!!!

Wahoo

We will be in St. Maarten that day with seven ships total in port. They should really spread things out better, as the very next day there is only one ship there. Lucky them! For this reason as well as the fact it is highly rated, we are doing the Lord Sheffield and wont be on the beaches but will miss that part. I think on the 8th we are in St. Thomas and have five total there too.

The last time I was in St Thomas in July, there were 7 ships in port that day. In fact, a few had to tender into town since the dock was full. They close the street with all of the shopping to car traffic. This makes a huge difference! Folks can walk down the middle of the street & the sidewalks & this keeps foot traffic flowing.

My only advise, is to allow at least 45 minutes to get back to the ship from town since traffic gets crazy getting back to the ship & all the ships leave around the same time.

Have a great trip!

I think that you will find that if you are doing excursions, that the traffic to get to and return from your destination will be heavy. If you are just doing your own thing and getting a cab yourself, just plan some extra time to get to your destination and return to your ship so you won't be late.

Archived