How do I find out what ship a waiter is on??

uirishtoo

We had the most outstanding waiter last year on the Glory, Sasa from Bosnia--is there any way to find out what ship he is working on now as I would definitely cruise again just for him!!!

If anyone can offer any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

that would be pretty tricky... i do not believe carnival will directly release that, if say, you were just to call the main line...

here's a few ideas...

do you have facebook? with 500 million members, the waiter just may be on there... search for his name and you might find him...

and if you don't... you could look up john heald, sr carnival cruise director, and post a comment to his facebook page. i believe he's tracked down crew members in similar circumstances.

you could also post to his blog at http://www.johnhealdsblog.com/. but that often can take a while to hear back. but you'd leave a note with 'john please reply' in the comments section at the bottom...

If you have his full name try fb.

Otherwise doubtful you will meet up with them other than by accident.

On a cruise on the Liberty in October the best waiter we have ever had was in a neighboring section. We could not move but had breakfast in his section several times.

Good post, I have wondered the same thing from time to time when having someone that stands out. We sailed on the Pride and had a great room steward. The following year (about nine months later) we were sailing on the Liberty on a med cruise and after embarkation were walking down the hallway to see our room for the first time and behind us we hear "MR Jim, Mr Jim". Up comes running our room steward who was going to be our steward again. Not only did we remember him from his service, his name stuck with me as well....Bootie. The coincidence factor was pretty amazing.

Maybe you will get really lucky we dd. We had same waiter different ship exactly a year later. My wife was jumping up and down when she saw him standing at our table on the first night of the 2nd cruise.

Like others said I would try fb

Yes do check FB. We were on the Liberty also and made friends with Sasa. His last name is Catic if it is the same one. I have him as frineds on my page.

Having the last name is a great add on. Sadly, did not think of it at the time. Would love to find some site like FB or twitter for Carnival employees.

Having the last name is a great add on. Sadly, did not think of it at the time. Would love to find some site like FB or twitter for Carnival employees.

I agree so much. I would love to have some sort of portal that allows them to find you or you can find them. Or atleast know what ship they are on.

I go thru my friends list and email people to see if they might be on the next ship im on, or if they have any friends to hunt out.

Somebody talk to John about that!!;):D;)

If you have his full name try fb.

Otherwise doubtful you will meet up with them other than by accident.

On a cruise on the Liberty in October the best waiter we have ever had was in a neighboring section. We could not move but had breakfast in his section several times.

We had the best waiter ever -- knew he was going places. Two years later, on a different ship, he was the maitre d' of that ship.

You never know, but you are correct about the odds. I would never choose a ship just for the waiter, but on the other hand would switch tables because of a bad one.

Thanks for all the thoughts. Actually, I did get his contact info--but I lost it. After our experience in the MDR on the Glory this past NYE-it got me to appreciating his service. I will try to locate him on FB.

Thanks Again,

Archived