Wearing White Question

Disagree on the last, and have no idea what a slip is. You mean a receipt from when you pay with your S&S card?:)

LOL! A slip is one of those undergarments a lot of women should wear when they are wearing a dress or skirt (come to think of it...could ask what is a dress or skirt) that is so thin everyone can see what they really don't want to see......but the person wearing the see through garment thinks we want to see!

I did search but, really haven't found an answer. So, my question is does the "No white shoes/pants" rule apply on a cruise? I'm heading off on my first B2B & first winter cruise February 7 and wanted to start laying out some outfits...then it dawned on me about what time of the year it is. So, is it a fashion faux pas to wear white capris & flip flops???:confused::confused::confused:

Wearing white today is fine not like the old days when grandma said no white after labor day or before Easter lol. Have fun on your b2b

No white pantys under white always wear flesh colored. Less visible panty line.

I always pause when going to wear something white after labor day and my mom frowns upon it whe she sees me do it. She also is a firm believer of do not wear black to a wedding. Times have changed in fashion.

Just saying.....white wedding dresses for being virgins - guess that is old fashioned, too! Wear what you want everyone else will!

Floridians, well most of us, wear white all year long. I guess the fashion Dinosaurs still adhere to the old rules.

And yes we still bring our camo along too.

Levy County rules require all residents to own at least 2 pieces of camo clothing and a ball cap with a fishing lure stuck to it. Now if you were over in Dixie County you would also need to have a "neck tattoo".

What's up with that? I was amazed at the number of people at breakfast in their robes....

YES..Im sorry but I think it is inappropriate..the robe is NOT a piece of clothing that one should wear to eat, shop, etc etc but then I live in Nebraska where many people wear their pajamas and slippers to Walmart!!! :eek:

I just finished nursing school and we HAD to wear white scrubs..ugh I hated it..here it is the winter (and no, no one wears white here in the Winter) and here we are walking around in ALL white, white shirts, white pants, white shoes..we stood out like sore thumbs!! :eek:[/quote

Congrats on finishing nursing school ..from an RN and trust me you will never wear ALL white again :p

Did you post on the Cruise Fashion board.........they are usually really helpful there! I know they help me out :D.

But I'm totally packing a pair of white capris.

Some of those on the cruise fashion board are as old school as wearing white after labor day:D

I did search but, really haven't found an answer. So, my question is does the "No white shoes/pants" rule apply on a cruise? I'm heading off on my first B2B & first winter cruise February 7 and wanted to start laying out some outfits...then it dawned on me about what time of the year it is. So, is it a fashion faux pas to wear white capris & flip flops???:confused::confused::confused:

Does anyone follow that rule anymore? There is such a thing as winter white. ;) Don't worry! Wear white. People in warm climates wear white year round!

Actually, in the Caribbean, white and off white combos are very popular'

Mike

Mike: I got thinking what would one wear to NCL's White Hot Party, if one couldn't wear white?

And, uh, Bandit, That was her original question / point.... :).

Levy County rules require all residents to own at least 2 pieces of camo clothing and a ball cap with a fishing lure stuck to it. Now if you were over in Dixie County you would also need to have a "neck tattoo".

I wear full body white camo well into the winter months for black powder season, probably another social gaff on my part.

I did search but, really haven't found an answer. So, my question is does the "No white shoes/pants" rule apply on a cruise? ???:confused::confused::confused:

nope.

it doesn't apply anywhere, anymore.

I wear full body white camo well into the winter months for black powder season, probably another social gaff on my part.

Full body white camo is completely functional and should be classified as "Couture". Only the truly nuanced and "in-touch" fashionista dudes and dudettes can appreciate the value of disappearing against a snow bank in pursuit of a mammoth bull moose.

Of course once the white camo is removed in preparation for the gutting and field dressing, you NEVER want to be caught wearing a black belt with brown hunting boots.

Full body white camo is completely functional and should be classified as "Couture". Only the truly nuanced and "in-touch" fashionista dudes and dudettes can appreciate the value of disappearing against a snow bank in pursuit of a mammoth bull moose.

Of course once the white camo is removed in preparation for the gutting and field dressing, you NEVER want to be caught wearing a black belt with brown hunting boots.

Thanks for the info! I'll let the guys at the VFW know tonight so they can stop being self concious all the time....:)

Thanks for the info! I'll let the guys at the VFW know tonight so they can stop being self concious all the time....:)

My migger question is "Does WHITE camo go with BLACK powder? There might be another fashion faux pas......... Certainly powder comes in designer colors these days, doesn't it.......

Archived