Wearing White Question

If you are worried about fashion faux pas, you're going to be real busy shouting at fellow passengers!

LOL one would be me...

I just packed and I took a WHITE skirt, a WHITE dress..LOL..no white shoes though, I don't like white shoes (but that is just me)...

I always take white on a cruise, to me white is cruising :p ..hey we should start a white cruise, you can only wear white..LOL..jk

I just finished nursing school and we HAD to wear white scrubs..ugh I hated it..here it is the winter (and no, no one wears white here in the Winter) and here we are walking around in ALL white, white shirts, white pants, white shoes..we stood out like sore thumbs!! :eek:

In SW Va we have a redneck panel made up of 12 people who pronounce fashion rules each year. To be on the panel you must have at least 3 old cars on blocks in your yard as a sign of expertise. Will get a ruling from them and let you know.

Have to disagree here! Women wear slips (well, some do) and underpants and it is still considered a fashion no-no to show them! Everybody also now knows women have breasts, but they still need to be covered :)

Disagree on the last, and have no idea what a slip is. You mean a receipt from when you pay with your S&S card?:)

When I asked a similar question I was assured that the What Not to Wear people had canceled their reservations on my cruise, so I would be ok. In fact on board you will see everything. And even in the "old days" the question of white shoes in the tropic was unclear. So pack away and don't worry- if white shoes are the worst fashion error on board you will be sooo lucky!

I did search but, really haven't found an answer. So, my question is does the "No white shoes/pants" rule apply on a cruise? I'm heading off on my first B2B & first winter cruise February 7 and wanted to start laying out some outfits...then it dawned on me about what time of the year it is. So, is it a fashion faux pas to wear white capris & flip flops???:confused::confused::confused:

I believe the white rules has been determined outdated and out of touch - don't worry about it.........

If you are worried about fashion faux pas, you're going to be real busy shouting at fellow passengers!

:D

No doubt! You will notice that you will see EVERYTHING!! Any concerns you have about how you will look or how you should dress or how you look in a swimsuit will vanish when you see the wide variety of human beings in all their choices of clothing and all their sizes and shapes. No worries! Have fun!

:D

No doubt! You will notice that you will see EVERYTHING!! Any concerns you have about how you will look or how you should dress or how you look in a swimsuit will vanish when you see the wide variety of human beings in all their choices of clothing and all their sizes and shapes. No worries! Have fun!

Never understood why some people spent time during THEIR vacation to critisize how someone ELSE was spending THEIR vacation.

In SW Va we have a redneck panel made up of 12 people who pronounce fashion rules each year. To be on the panel you must have at least 3 old cars on blocks in your yard as a sign of expertise. Will get a ruling from them and let you know.

Hmm I don't have three old cars in my yard, but I do know what moonshine is......lol.

I did search but, really haven't found an answer. So, my question is does the "No white shoes/pants" rule apply on a cruise? I'm heading off on my first B2B & first winter cruise February 7 and wanted to start laying out some outfits...then it dawned on me about what time of the year it is. So, is it a fashion faux pas to wear white capris & flip flops???:confused::confused::confused:

Actually, in the Caribbean, white and off white combos are very popular'

But if you're thinking of wearing camo:Djust don't do it in Barbados...It's verboten!

And if in Bermuda, don't even think about strolling down their streets sporting your bikini, you will get the opposite of "cat calls". The fashion critics they are :eek:

Enjoy your cruise!

Mike

On my last cruise I cut my foot, and the only shoes that felt good were my black fluffy flip flops.... I wore them with brown capris.... and NOBODY cared that I was wearing black shoes with brown pants! :)

Welcome to your vacation.

lmao .. that is so true. Maybe Im just old, but I saw so many bra straps, who cares what color they were with skimpy tee shirts, tags from being new hanging out they didnt cut off (3 of them) .. I dont get why its ok to show your bra these days.

OMG, I so agree with you! What's with women wearing t-back or halter tops with regular bras? And they are usually off color of each other. Is there no more modesty? I work in my local school district. Girls (13 and 14) whip feminine products out of their purses or pockets and announce loudly that they need to go to the bathroom. Seriously??? I imagine the male teachers are uncomfortable but cannot really say anything. But it doesn't even seem to phase the boys.

Back to topic-I watched a fashion segment on one of the morning shows back in the fall. The rule about white after Labor Day is there is no rule about white after Labor Day anymore. Wear your white proudly!

And sometimes you will see the white robe cult walking about the ship.

Now this, LOL, always makes me go, Hmm..I see people walking around in their robes everywhere..inside and out and even to the BUFFET??!!!! Do some not know that the robes are NOT part of their wardrobe?? lol :rolleyes::eek::p

lmao .. that is so true. Maybe Im just old, but I saw so many bra straps, who cares what color they were with skimpy tee shirts, tags from being new hanging out they didnt cut off (3 of them) .. I dont get why its ok to show your bra these days.

I personally try to wear a bra with clear colored straps if i am going to wear one of those slinky tops. I can not go braless, and feel that most people can not go braless. Even though lots of people think they can after a certain age gravity takes over, I do not care how good of a shape you are in.

Now this, LOL, always makes me go, Hmm..I see people walking around in their robes everywhere..inside and out and even to the BUFFET??!!!! Do some not know that the robes are NOT part of their wardrobe?? lol :rolleyes::eek::p

Its a cult thing. I think in a former life there were members of the KKK.

Archived