White Pass Bus/Train Tour in Skagway

theshowmestate

I'm doing this tour all the way to emerald lake and lake bennett, train UP and bus BACK - which side would I sit on, or does it matter?

You should sit on the left. The train does not go all the way to Emerald Lake unless something changed from last summer.

Wo took a bus tour up to Carcross and the train back. The previous poster is correct, the right side on both trips has the better scenery. On the train, you can stand on the platforms between the cars, and that is spectacular.

You should sit on the left. The train does not go all the way to Emerald Lake unless something changed from last summer.

It almost goes there. They are taking the train to Carcross. IF taking the train out of Skagway there is viewing on both sides, with after White Pass it's on the right, then switches back to the left side. SO, be mobile and get out on the platforms. :)

Hollon, what group are you using for Emerald Lake? I couldn't find anything on that.

I am using Chilkoot Charters and I believe on there website it is Yukon Rail/Bus. Train up and Bus back. I'll let you know more if you need the price, I'll let you know. I did call them and they said it goes to emerald lake and lake bennett, plus dog camp. Hope this helps

I'm sorry your right! I believe we get off at Frasier and then take bus.

You are all mixed up in your posts. You either get off the train in Fraser OR Carcross. The Carcross train, is the ONLY access to Lake Bennett.

You sit on the LEFT side of the train if you leave from Skagway, on the RIGHT if going toward Skagway.

The Carcross train, is the ONLY access to Lake Bennett.

Now you're going to confuse people :D - the Carcross train is the only access to Bennett the ghost town, but the bus takes you to the other end of Lake Bennett at Carcross. The comment made above that the tour goes to Emerald Lake, Lake Bennett and the dog camp is the rail/bus option where you get off the train at Fraser.

Archived