The rudest passenger I met on the Thanksgiving Miracle

drosphot

I keep forgetting to post this story of the grumpy senior on the Miracle.

The wife and I were going up to the Lido deck in the elevator with two other older couples (in their 60's I would say) and the elevator stopped at deck 7.

The doors opened and there was an older woman waiting to get on (also 60+ I would say). She started to get on then hesitated. I held the door and said, "Come on in, there's room."

In a very stern voice she proclaims. "I don't want to ride with YOU..."

I say "OK have a nice day" and see her reach for the call button again.

As the door stops closing to open again due to her pushing the button I said, "Please let the car leave before pushing the button so we can go."

She promptly said, "Shut your f------ mouth..." :eek:

All six of us were picking our jaws up off the floor! I thought us younger ones were supposed to be the rude ones.

I dunno maybe she was having a bad day but wow... Grandma do you kiss you grandkids with that mouth???

The old lady was mentally ill with demenia. It happened to me one time with an old lady that lived in our condo complex. She said in front of a lot of people that she never wanted me to visit her because I could steal from her. I was left with my mouth open and it really hurt my feelings.

I later on found out she was mentally ill and was sent to a senior home.

I know that old lady hurt your feelings. I am an old lady myself and I can cuss like a sailor when I get real angry. But on cruises I am soooo happy that I laugh at everything people say to me. Mean people can say whatever they want and it just goes over my head. They can't change the joy in my heart.

One time there was an elevator full to capacity. I told some people that wanted to get on the elevator there was no room but they still got on so I got out. I didn't need to be packed in.

I have learned to say, "Are you coming out" because one time the elevator door opened up and the people were just standing there and not moving. I got in and then they said as they walked out that I was really rude getting in before they got out.

I have many elevator stories.

This is so funny! I thought it was just our cruise. We were on Freedom Dec 4 and there were quite a few seniors and I will say they were very rude too.

Knocking you over to get in the elevator when you were waiting first, cutting in lines both on ship and off.

I thought we were supposed to respect our elders, yet they sure aren't very respectful themselves.

They come out of nowhere when they here that elevator door ding. I took the stairs most of our cruise.

I know I would have popped off at the old bat had she cussed at me.

I have typically found seniors to be the rudest passengers. Especially seniors who are Platinum. Sorry people, that's been my experience. The rudest passenger I met on that same cruise was a senior man with his Platinum card around his neck. He, his wife and friends were belittling of the lady leading our excursion in Curacao as well as the excursion itself. They also made snide comments about the country compared to America, among other things. Maybe this guy was potty mouth's wife. :eek:

Oh we got a kick out of it for sure. We all laughed and then it occurred to me I should have hit the 8 button, gotten off and ran down the stairs to join her anyways. "No, you ARE riding with me!" :D

Now THAT would have been the story of the century.

I had a similar problem, I was trying to get on the elevator and when the doors opened, the car was full, but this guy kept trying to get me to "join" them, he was half the age of the others in the car, and I don't know what he had in mind, or where he thought I was going to stand, but there was no way I was going to "join" them. Then after I said I did not want on, he kept opening the doors and asking me questions, and telling me not to push his buttons.

I finally had to yell at him, to get him to leave me alone.

I keep forgetting to post this story of the grumpy senior on the Miracle.

The wife and I were going up to the Lido deck in the elevator with two other older couples (in their 60's I would say) and the elevator stopped at deck 7.

The doors opened and there was an older woman waiting to get on (also 60+ I would say). She started to get on then hesitated. I held the door and said, "Come on in, there's room."

In a very stern voice she proclaims. "I don't want to ride with YOU..."

I say "OK have a nice day" and see her reach for the call button again.

As the door stops closing to open again due to her pushing the button I said, "Please let the car leave before pushing the button so we can go."

She promptly said, "Shut your f------ mouth..." :eek:

All six of us were picking our jaws up off the floor! I thought us younger ones were supposed to be the rude ones.

I dunno maybe she was having a bad day but wow... Grandma do you kiss you grandkids with that mouth???

LOL!!!!! on this cruise my daughter and I were looking at our professional pictures we had taken and these two elderly ladies were near us (kinda of behind), we were not paying an attention to them and they started saying things about "are they EVER going to move?" I Can't believe they are just standing there in the way!" Then they started to complain about these two kids near us, and then the one says "ARE THESE YOUR KIDS???" "They are so badly rebehaved!" the kids were digging in the garbage of pictures on the floor, don't really know what the kids were doing that annoyed them so much, but the more they were rude the more my daughter and I wanted to feed it! It was pretty funny! They said other things I can't remember, my daughter and I just were playing it up! LOL! If she would of just said excuse me, then we would of smiled and said sorry we did not know we were in the way, and we would of moved! BUT they were very snotty!!! and RUDE!!!! ALSO by the way the kids were not mine!

Archived