The rudest passenger I met on the Thanksgiving Miracle

drosphot

Love this thread - my Father was just a rude senior and figured he could get away with it because he was old - he was called on it a number of times until he wised up - he soon learned he got more flies with honey than vinegar - I wouldn't put up with his crap and told others not to let him get away with it either. My Mother was in early stages of Alz and changed from a sweet loving woman, mother, grandmother to a complete bitch and it broke our hearts. You never know where they come from.

The one of the lady in the motorized chair reminded me of the Liberty a few years ago - a lady was nuts on her chair and ran over and into everyone who got into her way until she was ramming a fellow (6'4" 300 pounds at the least) he said "I see you want me to join you" and sat on her lap and told her to go for it (I was fortunate to be two people away when this happened). She went crazy but everyone from that point on when she started ramming would get on her lap and in fact two people sat on her at one time (I only heard about this one) and she behaved after that. I could not believe the word would spread so quickly but she was a target from then on and never a problem after that.

We have to remember that some people really don't have control over behaviour, some do and we really have to be able to tell the difference. I just thank God that it is not me.

Do they serve the serenity in the buffet or just in the MDR? also can you just get a cup size or does it have to be a whole bowl?

Brother, I hope they serve it everywhere. There are days when it seems my bowl has sprung a leak!

A few years back my husband and I went into a Wendy's to grab a quick bite. There was an older, overweight woman with two canes waddling her way up to the counter. Her equally old husband was already sitting at a table. She ordered her food with baked potatoes (yes, Wendy's does serve them). Unfortunately they were sold out. You would have thought they were the last potatoes in the world the way she carried on, bellowing "HOW can you run out of baked potatoes at DINNER TIME!" (When are they supposed to run out, mid morning?) After raking the poor cashier over the coals, the cashier quickly finished the rest of this woman's order and filled her tray. The woman looked at the tray and loudly proclaimed "I can't carry this! Can't you SEE that I'm HANDICAPPED??" The poor cashier ran around the counter and carried her tray over to their table, never so happy I'm sure to get rid of this customer.

To this day every time hubby and I drive past a Wendy's we laugh and say "Wanna check if they have any baked potatoes?" :D

Here's another good way to look at things: a person starts out with a bowl of serenity in the morning, remember it is up to you to decide who you are going to pour some of that out for...

Oh, I laughed so hard when I read this...my husband tells me CONSTANTLY to say the Serenity Prayer...and I tell him I have no serenity and NO patience, :D. I appreciate all the advice but for the time being at least I will just have to sit back and admire those of you who can stay calm and laugh this stuff off. I am sooooooooo not there yet! :o

funny story. I work in health care and find that in my experience the 70s is the rudest age bracket. at least with the group i deal with. ( patients) 80s have been a delight, but you can keep 85% of the 70s. Attitudes, rudeness, talking down to you, some just plain nasty. I have already told my kids, 39 and 41, If I ever get like that shoot me.

I joined a Senior Center this year and I noticed how rude and demanding some of the seniors can be. I told the young workers to put NANNY CAMERAS everywhere to show proof on how mean and abusive the seniors can be.

I said to the worker.... "I am a senior and I have protection laws against senior abuse but you don't have any protection from us seniors so you better put up some cameras to show proof on the bad behavior of the seniors."

A lot of seniors do distorted thinking including me. Some seniors say whatever they please just like kids. I can see their anger in their faces sometimes.

Please don't pay attention to rude seniors. I never expected to get old and have medical problems and all kinds of strange pains in my body.

Oh we got a kick out of it for sure. We all laughed and then it occurred to me I should have hit the 8 button, gotten off and ran down the stairs to join her anyways. "No, you ARE riding with me!" :D

I totally would have done this! It would have shown her!

Elevators are always a good spot to find rude people. There are those who step in and don't move to the back so that others beside their party can ride along, and those who plow into the elevator before people can get off. I swear that a certain percentage of people cruising have never been on an elevator before!

My way of responding to these clowns is to just laugh at them. It pi$$e$ them off because they realize it doesn't bother you. As far as the old lady that punched you in the stomach, I would have reported her to security. NOBODY touches me like that. She was an old hag that I couldn't punch.:D

I think the rudest was the women that sat beside my wife and I on the smoking side of the lido and started to harrass us about smoking.

I really didn't care until they became verbally abusive to my wife....No problem security took care of it.....I try to just tune rude people out however it doesn't always work

My way of responding to these clowns is to just laugh at them. It pi$$e$ them off because they realize it doesn't bother you. As far as the old lady that punched you in the stomach, I would have reported her to security. NOBODY touches me like that. She was an old hag that I couldn't punch.:D

Had it been a guy, I probably would have pounded him into a carpet stain in those days. But the frustrated punch from the old lady was less than a 'skeeter' bite. And I have no problems being touched. The incident is memorable only for its humor.

I love old people stories....

On our first cruise on the ECSTASY, there was a Red Hat Society Group on the ship with us. Well, one night, we went to the Midnight Adults-Only Comedy Show.

Wouldn't you know it, the Red Hats were right in the front. And right in the middle was this one lady who had to be at least 80. Well, once the comedian got started, she just had two throw in her two cents (especially in the XRated parts). She was more raunchy and hilarious than the comedian. HE was actually cracking up. It was so funny.

While on the Victory, my wife and I were seated at a large table that sat 10 of us. It was five couples. We all got along except for one couple that complained about everything to the wait staff. Whenever someone laughed or talked, the husband usually sat there and rolled his eyes. They were ruining a good time for all of us with their complaining and constant bickering. One guy at our table on the third night had enough of him after he sent dinner entrees back twice. He basically said, if you don't like it here, don't come back tomorrow night or when go into port tomorrow, stay off the ship!

We never saw them again! The wait staff was relieved and the rest of us enjoyed our dinners for the rest of the cruise.

Oh, I laughed so hard when I read this...my husband tells me CONSTANTLY to say the Serenity Prayer...and I tell him I have no serenity and NO patience, :D. .... :o

Oh the Serenity Prayer, yeah I know it, it goes: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change (You), the courage to change the things I can (Me), and the wisdom to know (It's me) the difference."

I want to put serenity in my Camelback then I can have it in an instant. Gee, sounds like a patience issue!

Must have been related to the guy on Inspiration last November on the first day. I got on the atrium elevator with 3 people who were talking together, one of whom was in his 70'2.The elevator was already pretty full, the doors were closing and a man stopped it to get in. He was a very big man, tall and obese. The 70 y/o says "You can't ride this, you put us over the weight limit. HaHa." I thought the obese guy must have been with the other one. Obese guy said, "I'll give you a limit."

A few days later it was still nagging me, did they know each other? I saw the obese guy and asked him if he knew the man and he didn't. I extended a late apology b/c I should have said something to the rude 70 y/o. I never saw the rude man the hole trip. Some people.

I think the rudest was the women that sat beside my wife and I on the smoking side of the lido and started to harrass us about smoking.

I really didn't care until they became verbally abusive to my wife....No problem security took care of it.....I try to just tune rude people out however it doesn't always work

We had this happen at Disney a couple of years ago, went to go watch the fireworks and since my husband smokes we found the designated area where he could smoke, and there were several others smoking there as well. As the fireworks started to go off there was this woman with two smaller kids came rushing up and plopped her kids down so they could watch the show and then precided to yell at all the smokers to knock it off since her kids were there. Well needless to say everyone who was smoking jumped on her case and pretty much told her this was a smoking area and she needed to leave with her kids. She tried to call over a employee of Disney and sure enough he pointed it out to her and told her that if the smoking bothered her she needed to leave, and if she decided to stay she needed to be quiet. I am so not a fan of smoking, in fact I hate it and it bothers me everytime my husband lights up but as long as he is in a designated smoking area then he has that right to smoke.

Archived