Uniworld's River Queen ~ Christmas Week Cruise ~ The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Windy56

SJGOCH, We have booked the Russian River cruise with Vantage including the pre and post trips to Kiev and the Baltics. Vantage seems to put on a good trip. We will be on a 24 day trip and will probably need to have some laundry done. Do you remember if they offer that service and what are costs?

I am sorry, I cannot speak for the Russian River cruise, but hopefully some other CC'er will have the information. I know they did have a laundry service on the Rhine cruises.

I have a question about the River Queen - does the laundry room have both a washer & dryer, or just a washer?

Thank you

I didn't use it on my River Queen cruise, but the Cruise Companion says:

Laundry

A launderette containing a self-service washing machine, dryer, and iron is available for your use (detergent is available for a minimal fee at the Front Desk). There are no dry cleaning facilities. The ship also provides washing, drying, and ironing services for a fee. Please note, there is no self-service launderette on the River Ambassador.

As already mentioned, the River Queen does have washers and dryers. Best to take your own laundry soap because they will charge you for this but there was no charge to use the machines. Also, don't wait until the last day to do your wash because this is when most want to do it and the wait does get longer at this time.

We took a Uniworld's Danube trip this past November on the fabulous River Beatrice. About halfway through the trip a whole mini-convention of younger partying travel agents boarded to "test the product". Some of us were disconcerted because it changed the atmosphere into a Las Vegas-style convention. It kind of took the crew and some passengers by surprise. It did not ruin the trip, but we did let Uniworld (through my travel agent) know that it might affect our future cruise choice. We were given Uniworld credit which we could use toward a future trip (not much money, but I thought it was a nice gesture). As a result, we will stick to our plans of sailing with Uniworld again in April (not entirely for that reason, but it didn't hurt...)

Dear Windy56,

We wanted to let you know that we have not yet received your letter. If you'd like, you may email a copy of the letter to us at customerservice@uniworld.com. Once we receive it, we will give your concerns our complete attention and respond back to you as quickly as possible.

Thank you very much for allowing us the opportunity to resolve your concerns, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

The Uniworld Team

Dear Windy56,

We wanted to let you know that we have not yet received your letter. If you'd like, you may email a copy of the letter to us at customerservice@uniworld.com. Once we receive it, we will give your concerns our complete attention and respond back to you as quickly as possible.

Thank you very much for allowing us the opportunity to resolve your concerns, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

The Uniworld Team

Thank you for your response. A letter was sent to Uniworld (Canada) at least a week ago. We will email a copy to you today.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived