Awesome cabin attendent Grandeur deck 7

Two years ago I was on the Grandeur on deck 7 and had the most awesome cabin attendent. I think his name was Hamilton, is was something kind of proper sounding like that and he was from one of the Carribean islands, I think St. Vincent. I am wondering if anyone else here on the boards has had the pleasure of having him as their cabin attendent? He said he aways returns to the Grandeur and to deck 7. I have not had a cabin attendent as good as him since. Maybe it is unfair to expect them to be as good as Hamilton. He was just so efficient, professional, warm, hospitable, friendly and it was like he lived on the deck 7. He always seemed to be there. He was ALWAYS friendly and smiling which I find impressive when I think of the number of hours he would put it. I kept deactivating my seapass card and he was always right there to let me into the room. I didn't realize how good he was until not receiving the same level of service from my recent two cabin attendents on the Oasis and on the Allure. They weren't awful, just not warm, hospitable and as efficient and ever-present as Hamilton. I think RCI should promote him to training or a supervisor if they haven't already.

Shoot...if they promote him, he won't be able to let you into your cabin!!!

All of our room attendants have kept our cabin neat and clean....some we never, ever saw...and I sort of like that! It was like magic!

I mean, at a hotel, I don't "make friends" with the housekeeping staff...and I don't expect that on a ship, either. We've had some attendants that would talk your ear off....and while that seems nice, making lengthy conversation with the cabin attendant isn't tops on my list.

I appreciate and reward good service, but I don't need to be "best friends" with my cabin attendant. A pleasant "Hello, Good Morning", etc...is MORE than enough.

kahlias mom:

My first ten cruises, I thought, what's the big deal, who cares about cabin attendants, the best ones are the unobtrusive ones that do their job.

The in 09 we had Anthony from Trinidad and Tobago on Deck 8, Grandeur. He was pleasant, smiling, always there, wrote my parents a handwritten note for their 52nd anniversary (which we never told RCCL about, he only learned the morning I let it drop) and was always watching out for my somewhat frail dad. And "Speedy'" on deck 8(I think his real name is Anderson) wasn't even our cabin attendant and we knew him and his name. Also from an island. Maybe it's an island thing...

20 years of cruising and I finally understood how cabin attendants can "make" a cruise. I have never had Hamilton as an attendant, but I am glad you did!!

el henry

I met Hamilton on the Granduer about a year and a half ago. He was not our cabin attendant but was in our area. He was wonderful. The last day of our cruise he said he thought he was going to the Oasis but when we sailed the Oasis last Dec. we looked for him but we were told he did not go to the Oasis. I don't know where he is now. I think his full name is

Alexander Hamilton or Hamilton Alexander.

Archived