Mexican Riviera vs. Exotic Western

vivalas

I am doing exotic western is a few weeks...Looking forward to it since it will be new port of calls for us. Have cruised traditional eastern and western itinerary's many times and would imagine the Mexican Riviera cruise would be similar to the western itinerary stops in the carribean. If your a beach and water enthusiast I would lean towards Mexican Riviera...

First day at sea and last day at sea, the Mexican Riviera could be a little "nippy" in February. However, all the ports will be toasty warm. :) Around noon on the 2nd day at sea you'll be cruising past Cabo, so it'll be quite comfortable (normal weather situation prevailing).

Can't speak to the Exotic Western Caribbean, sorry.

I agree on the chilly part. I have only did the riviera twice, but both times were in the middle of summer and the first and last sea days are cold! Hey, who wants that anyway? I can only imagine how cold it would be in Feb.

Cabo is nice, but the water may be too cold in feb to swim in. Puerto Vallarta is pretty, mazatalan er, I don't really like that place..

Of the places you listed in the western car, I have only been to belize and that was the highlight of my last summer cruise. Cave tubing was great. That alone would be enough to sway me to go on that itenary instead of mex riv. Although I live driving distance from Long Beach, CA, I'll gladly play for air travel to go to the carribean. That's how much better I think the carribean is compared to the mex riviera. but, hey, if you are curious, go for it.

I'm also sailing to the Exotic on the CCL Legend. I think this would be a good choice for a few reasons the weather as a few posted already, don't always get to visit these ports, not many ships go there and if you're looking at the Legend it's an 8 day cruise!

I would suggest to read the port boards and see what each port offers and what you and your family would like to do. Then search the ships and do the same thing.

You will have a great time no matter which one you choose, then come back home and book the other one for the following year!

My sister hated limon and Colon. I think the problem was she walk up the ship and wandered around and said "yuck!".

These are two areas which might be like Belize- if you research and plan a tour, you'll love it, if you wander off the ship as if you're in Cozumel, you'll hate it. Plan and make the most of some pretty areas.

Thanks for all the information, we were looking for new ports to go to and those were the only two options with cruises with all the stops at new ports. But we love the warm weather and it sounds like we would be better off in the Caribbean in February. That is why we choose Feb., to get away from the cold winter here. I didn't realize until I read up on some posts and destination guides here that it is not so warm at sea on the Mexican Riviera. Seems it would waste a few of the days waiting for "nice" weather.

went on the carnival legend 2yrs ago was one of the best times i have had costa maya was good go to the village had a great time there we had nice and HOTweather the other ports were ok but that was my best

Archived