Which Ship?

Hi everyone and I hope you are having a nice day, and I hate to ask this questions because of my loyalty to Royal Caribbean, but with the economy as it is I might have to change my cruise line. So my questions is how big are the differences between the NCL Epic, and the RCL Allure of The Seas? I can afford the Allure, but it is cutting it close, so I might have to go with the Epic, so I would like to know your opinions on both ships, and to know if the price difference is worth it? Thanks guys and have a great day.

NCL Epic won't hold a candle to the Allure.

If you are a maritime enthusiast and a frequent cruiser (I am such a peson) you should try Epic (once).

Otherwise look for a better value for your money.

This ship is a mistake of cruising industry that is worth a place in a cabinet of curiosities and is interesting as such (like a giant dwarf).

Not that I would ever consider leaving RCI..but especially after seeing the Epic during "Undercover Boss" on Sunday night ...I would have to say "what a disappointment" sailing on the Epic would be compared to RCI's fleet...

I don't have a basis for an opinion, but those are some harsh words!

Can either of you be more specific and compare why one over the other (be nice)?

I've always been an RCI fan, and I can't imagine Epic being better that Allure or Oasis either.

However, I have never been on the Epic (or any NCL ship), and this seems to be largely conjecture.

Please substantiate you're opinions and let us know if you've been on the Epic.

NCL Epic won't hold a candle to the Allure.

If you are a maritime enthusiast and a frequent cruiser (I am such a peson) you should try Epic (once).

Try Epic for the Ice skating ;)

Just wanted to have fun with that one. There have been many interesting threads back in the main part of the RCI forum regarding Epic vs the Oasis Class. That said, I have nothing more to offer of my own :D

Archived