what is appropriate dress for kids at dinner in the MDR?

susie3

ah..but you just made my point..you don't let how other people dress affect your evening..you must have read posts from people who actually say their cruise is ruined because somebody wore a golf shirt to dinner

standards are changing..when is the last time you saw a guy wear a hat (not a baseball cap) and not look like a dufus...

I read out your comment to DS and he said 'you should say thank you'. All that hard work we've put in is paying off!! What a dream he is. And from Mum and the rest of the family as well....thank you!

He looks precious! Sounds like your little boy is going to grow into quite the gentleman. DD looks adorable, as well! :)

standards are changing..when is the last time you saw a guy wear a hat (not a baseball cap) and not look like a dufus...

I think Justin Timberlake pulls off the fedora quite nicely.... :D

I'm in the school that thinks teaching your children to follow guidelines at a young age is a valuable lesson, and I would purchase a pair of khakis for each of them to wear.

There's value in teaching them to respect suggested dress codes for our hosts and other guests at any event.

:cool:If suggested guidelines are one thing, rules which state "NO SHORTS TO BE WORN IN MAIN DINING ROOM FOR DINNER" are another. It is not a guideline. It is a rule. Adults and children should be respectful enough to follow RCCL rules, even if they could get away with it. Teach you kids a good lesson and tell them that they must conform certain things in life. A good life lesson - for you also:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

This question comes up frequently and people start copying RC policies...

You are referring to me and I stand by what I wrote. A new member posts asking a genuine question, to which I responded by giving her the cruise line's suggested dress code as a place to start. I also gave her some polite, constructive advice and suggestions. Nothing wrong with that. Please get off my back.

You are referring to me and I stand by what I wrote. A new member posts asking a genuine question, to which I responded by giving her the cruise line's suggested dress code as a place to start. I also gave her some polite, constructive advice and suggestions. Nothing wrong with that. Please get off my back.

I wasn't really referring to you. I have seen folks copy the RC dress policy numerous time when someone asked about dress.

But after going back and reading your post, I think its a little pretentious to assume the OP has little money by suggesting a "thrift store" or Walmart to buy clothes...

Just because someone doesn't want to buy something doesn't mean they can't afford it.

I think its a little pretentious to assume the OP has little money by suggesting a "thrift store" or Walmart to buy clothes...

So you're suggesting that people who shop at Walmart or secondhand stores are poor??? :eek: :D

I don't think the poster was suggesting that they were tight with money, just that it didn't have to cost a lot. Doesn't everyone love a bargain?

I read out your comment to DS and he said 'you should say thank you'. All that hard work we've put in is paying off!! What a dream he is. And from Mum and the rest of the family as well....thank you!

It warms a parent's heart to hear their children talk that way! Our boys love to get dressed up too!

I don't think the poster was suggesting that they were tight with money, just that it didn't have to cost a lot. Doesn't everyone love a bargain?

Exactly, thank you. :)

OP needed guidance, I gave her mine including a number of stores where she could easily and affordably purchase some long pants for her boys. Nothing more was implied. Goodness. This thread, like all dress code threads, has hit the skids. :rolleyes:

The boys will look fine. Anytime you can get a kid in anything other than jeans, sweats and t-shirts is a plus.

LD's first cruise was at 12. She was in the phase of wearing sweat pants and t-shirts (still is most days). She has always helped me pack for our previous cruises, seeing the tuxedo hubby wears on formal night and the cocktail dresses that I pack, plus pictures of formal night, with captain, etc.

She was was soooo excited to shop for her first "formal" night dress, as was her friend who goes with her. She and her friend spent 3 hours getting ready for formal night with hair and make-up, jewelry. I almost didn't recognize them :D.

So with that, the boys may look forward to "dressing" up for dinner.

It is your vacation and they are your children. If you are happy with how they are dressed then not one single person on the entire ship or in all of internet land has any input on that. Go on your cruise and have a great time and enjoy dinner every night. Jim

THE PERFECT REPLY - Great Advice.

Archived