Resident rates...how do I know which states apply?

momof4girls

Whatever state "you are eligible or qualify for" that offers the best rate is the one to select when available you may qualify for both but only one will be used. Only one passenger in a stateroom has to qualify and the other passengers will receive the same rate (1st and 2nd passenger, usually the 3d and 4th are not affected by resident rates). DL or evidence of state residency must be "valid", if they even check for this when you check in at the pier. ;)

Interesting question concerning resident rates. What happens if you move from the time you got a great resident rate to a state where it is not available. Ah the complications.

Just keep your state DL "valid" until after you cruise where you got the resident rates from. ;)

Well, I'm military and while I'm stationed and own a home Colorado, I actually an Ohio resident. Which state can I use to check rates? Or can I qualify for both?

How about my husband, who also lives in Colorado with me, but has Arizona residency (still has the driver's license)?

I think the military rates will trump any resident rate, from what I've seen on rate/booking charts. Meaning they are the most deeply discounted rates.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I am now seeing a resident rate option for me that wasn't previously displayed when using the fare checker (http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/#). Does this mean if I correctly selected my state and it pops up that I am now eligible? It is resulting in a $50 rate drop.

It's for the Liberty, Jun 4, Balcony 8B, 2 passenger. I am currently booked under the past guest rate of $1698. When I check now and enter "Indiana", resident rate is a choice and the rate for 8B is $1648.

I'm just confused by the "Disclaimers:Residents - At least one person in the stateroom must be a resident of an eligible state to book this rate"

Thanks in advance!

I am now seeing a resident rate option for me that wasn't previously displayed when using the fare checker (http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/#). Does this mean if I correctly selected my state and it pops up that I am now eligible? It is resulting in a $50 rate drop.

It's for the Liberty, Jun 4, Balcony 8B, 2 passenger. I am currently booked under the past guest rate of $1698. When I check now and enter "Indiana", resident rate is a choice and the rate for 8B is $1648.

I'm just confused by the "Disclaimers:Residents - At least one person in the stateroom must be a resident of an eligible state to book this rate"

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you are before final payment, so if you or someone in your cabin lives in Indianna, sounds to me like they should reduce your final payment. congrats.

Archived