Is it just me.

I know everyone is waiting in anticipation on the upcomong changes to the C and A.

I for one love to cruise RCCL because of the product and great service we have enjoyed since the early 1990s.

We cruise because we love it and not for status. I am having a hard time with a large percentage of people here on CC that only want what seems to be where they are in C and A and overlooking why we cruise in the first place.

Flame away because I wear a fire retardant suit. Maybe I am wrong but this is my impression.

Im with you my wife and I love RCI and will not change, regardless of our c&a status. I think the people that are worried about it are actually worried and the perks and discounts they receive as Gold,PLat,D,D+ members. As of right now im only gold so it doesnt really matter to us. We will continue on RCI for the service and love of their ships.

I know everyone is waiting in anticipation on the upcomong changes to the C and A.

I for one love to cruise RCCL because of the product and great service we have enjoyed since the early 1990s.

We cruise because we love it and not for status. I am having a hard time with a large percentage of people here on CC that only want what seems to be where they are in C and A and overlooking why we cruise in the first place.

Flame away because I wear a fire retardant suit. Maybe I am wrong but this is my impression.

We like both.

We know that we enjoy cruising with RCCL and will continue to do so.

A little recognition and "Thanks for cruising with us" is nice, too.

As current Diamond members we know that we are able to enjoy the nice cocktail hour. It is a nice social time. Although, there are upcoming changes and we don't yet know the impact of those changes.

We do not consider ourselves to be exclusive to that, though. We have made many other connections with fellow passengers who may only be on their 1st cruise. It pays to be open and friendly.

We just enjoy cruising, period.

Im with you my wife and I love RCI and will not change, regardless of our c&a status. I think the people that are worried about it are actually worried and the perks and discounts they receive as Gold,PLat,D,D+ members. As of right now im only gold so it doesnt really matter to us. We will continue on RCI for the service and love of their ships.

I have a strange feeling that we are a minority here.

I'm following it closely because I find it all "Very Entertaining" :D

I will gladly be a member of your minority. I cruise based on itenerary, date of sailing, and of course price. But since I am 2nd level on several lines, and not third on any, the extra bennies are really not anything I specifically book a cruise for.

I agree we love RCI for RCI not just the perks, although they are nice too. We have had the service, the best feeling of comfort,and most relaxing vacations when we have gone with Royal. Cant wait for our next cruise which leave in 42 days(?) Feb. 19 on Serenade. So ready to go they are predicting 4-8 inches of snow for Monday. We have already had 4 inches and it never snows here!!!:eek:

We're Diamond; the only perk worthwhile is balcony cabin discounts. I dont think anythng else matters, not for us anyway. The concierge (prior referred to ask cocktail hour) we dont even use. We dont drink wine, the champagne is cheap and leaves you with a headache and we always land at a diff bar pre-dinner, so for us it doesnt work. Priority check in is a nice perk, but lately the lines are long..what else is there, really?

We have met Diamond Plus passengers who brag they buy nothing, spend nothing, never tip...and brag to anyone who listens about how easy it was to get to diamond with 3 day sailings, all last minute and deeply discounted. Then we have met Diamond Plusu folks who get suites, buy a few rounds, enjoy life, etc. I guess that covers all ends of the spectrum.

We fall somewhere in the middle. If it comes down to a few cheap booze drinks or a special place to eat breakfast as the determining factor...then I guess we really don't care about our Diamond status.

This CC family is made up of all kinds of folks..those that cheer, those that jeer, those that have fun posting and those that literally look for the opportunity to flame or "report" someone or something they dislike.

Take all comments on CC with a grain of salt....whatever RCI decides to do, we get to decide how we spend our money.

dwnside, just be thankful your not getting blasted like up north. But i understand its not supposed to snow in the south. Have you cruised on the serenade before?

No this will be our first time on Serenade. It looks beautiful and from what we have read I know it will be great.

I am so glad we are not up north snow is pretty to look at but around here normally when it snows we end up the a sheet of ice on the roads so thats what makes it so bad, oh well you deal with what your dealt, right?

Just so ready to go on that cruise. Won't be long now. Thanks for asking.:)

cruisindoggie,dwnside im glad you feel that way about the serenade, We usually cruise on the freedom class ships but are sick of the east/west itineray. so we decided on the serenade since she looks like beautiful ship.

Well if you are looking for someone to flame, you can flame me. I will be perfectly honest, I cruise RCI for the perks. There I said it. I know others are afraid to say it. So, apparently this makes me some kind of low life, but there it is.

I will gladly be a member of your minority. I cruise based on itenerary, date of sailing, and of course price. But since I am 2nd level on several lines, and not third on any, the extra bennies are really not anything I specifically book a cruise for.

Sounds very much like my attitude and situation. Only issue I have is when they change the rules of the game at Halftime :-) Not knowing the new "rules" always makes people nervous.

Biggest perk mentioned seems to be the free drinks in the evening which is no big bonus to me. Like a few drinks but don't vacation or cruise based on drinking. Reason I have not done many all-inclusive resorts.

Have grown to like Princess as much as RCI and just did a HAL which was wonderful. Next three are RCI (B2B), HAL, and Princess. Much ado about nothing I guess to me.

I am with you also. We cruise to cruise, and like the product and ships. RC is doing a good job however, they have all these people spending $$ taking cruises and thinking they will be getting something for nothing. The cabin discounts are nice, and the free meal in a specialty restaurant is ok too and people should take advantage of those offers. I really get a kick out of how important most of them feel about getting a few free drinks. Boy, take that away and all Hec breaks loose.

It should be very entertaining in another few days.

Well if you are looking for someone to flame, you can flame me. I will be perfectly honest, I cruise RCI for the perks. There I said it. I know others are afraid to say it. So, apparently this makes me some kind of low life, but there it is.

NOT a low life, just your point of view. To be respected even if not agreed to. To each their own!;)

We have met Diamond Plus passengers who brag they buy nothing, spend nothing, never tip...and brag to anyone who listens about how easy it was to get to diamond with 3 day sailings, all last minute and deeply discounted. Then we have met Diamond Plusu folks who get suites, buy a few rounds, enjoy life, etc. I guess that covers all ends of the spectrum.

We fall somewhere in the middle. If it comes down to a few cheap booze drinks or a special place to eat breakfast as the determining factor...then I guess we really don't care about our Diamond status.

This CC family is made up of all kinds of folks..those that cheer, those that jeer, those that have fun posting and those that literally look for the opportunity to flame or "report" someone or something they dislike.

Take all comments on CC with a grain of salt....whatever RCI decides to do, we get to decide how we spend our money.

You got that right TM! Met you on the Voyager last year. Hope you sail on smooth waters!

Dennis

Well yes youre wrong.... and yes It is just you.. sorry

I'm with you. The perks are good, but I would cruise Royal Caribbean anyways. I've gotten horror stories from my friends on NCL and Carnival. Until something catastrophic happens, I will stick with RC and Celebrity first and then look elsewhere if I can't find the itinerary I want. That hasn't happened yet, and I doubt it because there are SOOO many places I have yet to travel to!

Archived