Labadee - Sandbar Island Getaway??

jacksmom09

There is a review on this site somewhere. However, I don't see alot of sense in spending additional money when you get a lovely beach that's included in what you've already paid! There are alot of more "secluded" areas on Labadee without paying to go to one!

• 3 years later...

Well, I guess, I had a different experience. When I went to Labadee, it was crowded, very crowded and beaches are okay at best and then there were venders harassing my wife and I.

However, Sandbar island beaches are pristine! They are shallow so you can just sit on a free mat and enjoy the peace and beauty of the island. It's a private island so only the tour boat goes there.

My wife and I had the price of the tour discussion too, but here's the thing. The tour, surprisingly, has super cheap prices on beers and drinks. We got a couple beer buckets (4 beers for $10) and crew brings them right out to you while you are floating on your free mat. That's awesome.

Also, you get a boat ride to see new things, especially if you've been to Labadee before.

I'll admit, I'm kind of cheap but this was worth it. It's one of those, you get what you pay for.