my Miracle delemma

xrayvin

My husband surprised me tonight when he said he had looked at a cruise for next Jan (2012) The one he was looking at is an 8 day on the Miracle going to St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and St Kitts. He chose this one because St Maarten is my favorite port. (and I would love to go back there it has been years since we had a stop here)

When I was looking at it I saw another route that included Grand Turk, Romana Dominican Republic Aruba, and Curacao. Same ship slightly more expensive but not much. (I have always wanted to go to Curacao)

Other then St. Maarten we have never been to any of the other ports. I am having a hard time deciding which itinerary to choose. We will be taking our 6 year old son with us. He has been on one other cruise (Carnaval Dream West Caribbean) Any input in the different ports, which itinerary people like better ect would be very helpful.

Also going from the Dream to the Miracle seems like a huge change (it has been a LONG time since we have sailed on a ship this small, any opinions on this? DS loved the waterpark and of course he will not have that on the Miracle, but will he still have enough to do on it?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Both Itineraries sounded good to me too, so I am doing both! I wouldn't call Spirit class ships small. But then it is like the story of Goldilocks and the three bears.......... I think it is just right. There are great pools and the same great kids programs on board. What ever you chose I hope you have a great time.:D

Thanks for the input! I agree 88,000 tons is not small, just compared to the Dream and NOS.... I was wondering about the pools, glad to hear they have good ones. I am searching for photos right now of the ship. Do they have a retractable roof over a pool area? I wish we could do both!!! Unfortunatly I will have to choose :confused:

Another question is about the balconies. Does anyone know the difference between the standard and the extended? Does the extanded have more then 2 chairs? What about the aft extended are they the same size as the other extended. I see there are a few aft balconies available, we have always wanted to try one of those:D

We will be on her in 5 days, we have an extended balcony, with I was told is 60 ft., a regular balcony is 40 ft. same room size. We are doing the Saint's this time and maybe next time will do the other. I have never been on the Miracle, but what i have read, its the perfect size, easy to navigate. Good Luck with your choice.

Sandra

I did the St.'s itinerary last February and I am going on the other itinerary next month :D. I love the Miracle and I cannot wait to go back on it.

here is a picture of the Miracle click on it and it will take you to more pictures,

2233666340097654989S500x500Q85.jpg

No retracting roof but a water slide. I have sailed Miricle twice and enjoyed it both times. Our Nov. cruise was divirted from St. Kitt and Lucia because of hurricane Tomas so we did Grand Turk instead and Nassau. Nassua is a hole (been there 3 times) except for Paradise Island. We loved Grand Turk. Crew members said that Lucia was a crunny and dangerous port. Either way have fun.

Thanks for all the info! I have checked out the thread for the 29th and it looks like you all a good fun group!!

I loved looking at the pictures hockeyluver!

We have decided to do the 1-29-12 cruise to all the new ports. The Miracle looks like an awsome ship, and I am excited to go back to a smaller ship. Yes even though it is 88,000 tons it is still smaller then the last few ships we have been on. It is all how you look at it I guess ;)

I think ds will have a great time, he is good as long as he has a pool, waterslide and of course ICE CREAM!!

Another question is about the balconies. Does anyone know the difference between the standard and the extended? Does the extanded have more then 2 chairs? What about the aft extended are they the same size as the other extended. I see there are a few aft balconies available, we have always wanted to try one of those:D

Sailed on the St's itinerary this past November. 1st sailing on a Spirit class ship and had a wonderful cruise. The Miracle is awesome and the interior spaces are much nicer by far, IMHO, of any CCL ship we have sailed. Many nice seating areas.

Certainly the ship feels smaller than the Conquest class which we have grown very fond. There is nothing about the ship that is "small' however.

Booked aft extended cabin #6264. The balcony was only marginally larger than standard. Much smaller than the Valor extendeds on which we had enough room for a lounge chair, table and a regular chair. If choosing again on the Spirit class we would go with a standard balcony and save a few bucks.

Thanks for all the info! I have checked out the thread for the 29th and it looks like you all a good fun group!!

I loved looking at the pictures hockeyluver!

We have decided to do the 1-29-12 cruise to all the new ports. The Miracle looks like an awsome ship, and I am excited to go back to a smaller ship. Yes even though it is 88,000 tons it is still smaller then the last few ships we have been on. It is all how you look at it I guess ;)

I think ds will have a great time, he is good as long as he has a pool, waterslide and of course ICE CREAM!!

We are on the 1-29-12 sailing and can't wait! :D This will be our second time on the Miracle and we love her! We think it is the perfect size and has a great layout. The new ports are awesome too!

Hope you pop in over at the Rockin Waiters thread! We do have a fun group forming and we welcome newcomers with open arms! :)

Thanks for the input! I agree 88,000 tons is not small, just compared to the Dream and NOS.... I was wondering about the pools, glad to hear they have good ones. I am searching for photos right now of the ship. Do they have a retractable roof over a pool area? I wish we could do both!!! Unfortunatly I will have to choose :confused:

The Miracle and the rest of the Spirit Class is my FAVORITE size ship. I have been on the Valor, Miracle, and Pride I love the 2nd 2. Yes, there is a retractable roof over one of the pools. The extended balcony is about 1 and half times the width of the standard size balcony. There is only 2 chairs but we played it safe and took a bag chair for our 3rd person. I know that some people say they just ask for a 3rd chair but I think taking a smaller bag chair is more convenient so that it can be folded and placed in the corner when not used. My trip on the Pride was an aft balcony, I am glad that I tried it but I don't need to do it again.

No retracting roof but a water slide. I have sailed Miricle twice and enjoyed it both times. Our Nov. cruise was divirted from St. Kitt and Lucia because of hurricane Tomas so we did Grand Turk instead and Nassau. Nassua is a hole (been there 3 times) except for Paradise Island. We loved Grand Turk. Crew members said that Lucia was a crunny and dangerous port. Either way have fun.

Yes, there is a retractable roof. You can actually see it in the above picture tucked in the holding area. They never had it closed when we were on it, we had awesome weather for September.

We had a regular balcony on the Miracle 5 years ago and an extended balcony on the Legend this past October. (as well as a regular balcony on the Liberty, but that's a different class.) There were already 3 chairs there when we got in our cabin. I know it sounds like that's not a lot more room, but it really is! You can walk between the chairs and the railing! On a regular balcony, it's more that you scoot sideways. It really does feel like its a lot more space. DH says its extended from now on when there are 3 of us in the cabin, and since DS is only 7, it will be awhile before there are less than that!

We had our doubts also after having been on Dream. We found the Miracle a very enjoyable ship. Yes it is smaller than the Dream, but did not seem overly small. It DOES have a retractable roof over one of the pools. Never needed it while we were on it.

To me, the Miracle doesn't have a "small ship" feel to it. I do NOT like Fantasy class ships, but I loved the Miracle. If that ship was within our driving distance, we would be cruising on her often! The layout is "user friendly". The captain and crew were awesome. Heck, I even liked the "grapes" decor in the dining room. LOL!

As for your son and the other two ports, there is a pirate ship excursion at St. Lucia and a fort at St. Kitts. If you choose to do this itinerary and the pirate ship exursion, be sure to book it early. I wanted to do it but waited too long and it was booked full...and this was over 6 weeks before the cruise.

Archived