Mattress ?

cruisinleelee

It is all a matter of opinion and how you like your mattress. I always find the beds great.

In saying this, on my last cruise, my side of the bed sagged and I found myself rolling out. A word to the steward and she had the mattress replaced the same day with one of the usual good standard. They are quite firm but that is my preference.

we were on the Golden in 2002 and I don't recall the mattress being uncomfortable. Have they changed since then:confused:

We never had problems with the mattresses Princess provided back in 2002. When we found them way too firm was after they changed them to the new and 'improved'(?) extra firm mattresses. Back then they seemed to be a lot more comfortable and we had no complaints at all. We don't enjoy a rock hard (some call them extra firm) mattress, and so we do have a problem with them now. We still love Princess, but we hate their beds. :(

If this board is a representation, many more Princess cruisers dislike the mattresses than like them....

I have stopped booking Princess for the time being (although I really like their product) due in part to the mattresses. I don't have a problem going to sleep on them, but I wake up stiff and sore with a backache. And I am mid-40s with no preexisting problems. My teenage son (who can usually sleep anywhere) has also complained.

I sleep on an extra-firm mattress at home, so the firmness is not the issue. The mattresses are thin and hard (not firm), like those found in cheap Italian hotels.

I have sailed on the Golden 3 times since '09 with firm mattresses but tolerable and but the last time on the Golden (Sept '10) my Mattress was terrible!....so bad I cried in pain all night...when leaving for breakfast, the room steward ask if I was I rested and I said, I know this is NOT your fault but in the 22 cruises on Princess plus other cruises on other lines, I have NEVER tried to sleep in such an uncomfortable bed!, his supervisor overheard our conversation and she said the problem will be fixed, after we had breakfast, I went to the cabin to grabbed my own pillow and blanket ....there was my steward, his supervisor (female) and her supervisor and they said it would be fixed very soon....after sleeping for several hours in the conservatory on the chaise, on a mattress (the same thickness as the sanctuary chaise) that was so much better than my cabin, the blast of the ships horn putting me to sleep (it was foggy)

It was fixed and the rest of my cruise was fine.

Archived