Super Bowl at Sea

dsldsl

Is anybody pumped about watching the Super Bowl while crusing? This will be my 1st Super Bowl at sea and I'm hoping the Steelers are there with me!

Of course you won't have any issue with missing the game. And if you are on a ship with MUTS, it will obviously be on the big screen. Better get there early for a prime spot.

And of course the Steelers should be in the game.

In '09 on the Coral before they got MUTS, the game was shown in the aft showroom on 3 large projection screens. They had a good spread of game time food & buckets of beer for purchase...a fun experience. In the atrium they set up a nice display for when the Steelers held on to defeat the Cardinals & hats/t-shirts to buy.

We've never been on a Princess Ship but have on NCL, RCCL, Celebrity ships when Superbowl is on.

My hubby LOVES it. They have always shown the game in the theatre or the sports type bar on ship and have TONS of food, and all sorts of staffed decked out in both teams gear. It is wonderful.

I however, sit with my ladies, for a quiet calm dinner in the MDR and then head to the quiet calm hot tubs for a gab and soak session!!!

Have a wonderful trip.

Chass

We've never been on a Princess Ship but have on NCL, RCCL, Celebrity ships when Superbowl is on.

My hubby LOVES it. They have always shown the game in the theatre or the sports type bar on ship and have TONS of food, and all sorts of staffed decked out in both teams gear. It is wonderful.

I however, sit with my ladies, for a quiet calm dinner in the MDR and then head to the quiet calm hot tubs for a gab and soak session!!!

Have a wonderful trip.

Chass

Wait till he sees it on MUTS. It's a pretty cool way to see the game. We watched it on MUTS a couple of years ago. Since my stinky Giants got what they deserved this season, J-E-T-S...Jets, Jets, Jets!!!

We will also be on the CROWN for the Superbowl. Looking forward to a beautiful rainfree evening watching our team on the big screen. Don't care who we play although a rematch against the Pats or an all PA Superbowl would be great. We were on the Grand in Europe for the World Cup a few years ago and the atmosphere is GREAT!!

We were on the Ruby last year for the superbowl and had a great time watching it on MUTS. It was the last day of the cruise coming back into Ft Lauderdale and it was pretty chilly out there but we had a great time! Oh, and no commercials.

The Super Bowl is on 2/6, starting at about 6:30 PM, EST. The Diamond will be sailing from Melbourne to Sydney at that time which, on the ship, is the morning of 2/7.

The time in Australia is 16 hours ahead of the USA, I think, so the broadcast will start sometime after 10:30 AM if my figuring is correct.

Does anyone know the actual time, compared to EST, on the Diamond and what the ship's plan for broadcast might be?

Is anybody pumped about watching the Super Bowl while crusing? This will be my 1st Super Bowl at sea and I'm hoping the Steelers are there with me!

The last two times I've sailed during the Super Bowl the Steelers won. Anyone want to bring me along for good luck? :)

Oh, and no commercials.

Except for the constantly repeated ones for ESPN International...over & over & over again :eek:

I would have preferred the new commercials on the network broadcast & the network's 1st team broadcasters...ha, ha! :D

Watched last years game on the Crown. You will probably have to skip dinner in the Dining Room to get a good seat. We did not but got lucky to find a couple of good loungers after the 1st quarter.

The atmosphere is surreal.

We'll be anchored at Maui on Superbowl Sunday (cruising on the Sapphire), which means the game will be on in the afternoon for us, right? Kickoff at about 1:30pm if I am calculating the time zones right. Maybe the beaches on Maui will not be quite so crowded that afternoon! :D:p

we were in south america for one superbow. we saw it off and on for 10 minutes---only a few plays --in the sports bar....then...no more signal. some people were REally unhappy. but nothing could be done.

just saying...the upload is not always reliable...

Watched last years game on the Crown. You will probably have to skip dinner in the Dining Room to get a good seat. We did not but got lucky to find a couple of good loungers after the 1st quarter.

Thanks for the tip, rbg. We're on "any time dining". Does that mean any time the games not on?

That's why I bring my wife with me....To go to the buffet & get my food & drink so I don't lose my seat. :D;)

Archived