Your cruising preference?

Set yearly budget, but unlimited time. Which cruising option is for you?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Set yearly budget, but unlimited time. Which cruising option is for you?

• 1 week in a suite
    • 2 weeks in a balcony
    • 3 weeks in an oceanview
    • 4 weeks in an inside

I voted two weeks with a balcony. I wouldn't have the need or desire for a suite, but I do enjoy having that balcony. I like "quiet time" at some point each day, just to relax by myself and read a book and enjoy the sun for an hour or two. The balcony provides that. Plus we love having breakfast on the balcony each morning.

2 weeks - Balcony (aft corner please:D) I know so many say that they don't spend much time in the room but we spend hours each day on the balcony - watching sun rise/set, meals from room service, reading, watching as we leave/arrive in port.

Nothing like coffee first thing in the morning on the balcony in the fresh air with a view of the wake. ;)

A week in a suite!

We generally take 3 major vacations each year, plus a bunch of long weekends.

One week at a very private and quiet beach in Florida, with nothing to do but sun, swimming, eating and fishing!

One week in Canada, or elsewhere north of us, for variety.

One cruise on RCI (7 to 10 nights avg,). Since we only cruise once per year, we choose to to cruise in style. We cruise in suites, either a Grand Suite or Owners Suite. This works well for us, as we have two young daughters who are too young to have their own cabin. The space alone is worth the price. We spend lots of time out and about and lots of time in the suite. The amenities and perks are nice, but they are not the sole reason why we book the suite. It just works best for us. Your mileage may vary! ;)

Eric

We made the choice when we booked the B2B for the Allure and the Silhouette in Dec. All are insides. The Allure would have cost almost double going with an ocean-facing balcony. There is not that much difference on the Silhouette, only $ 400 pp but Celebrity does not have the $300 balcony discount. And certain of the insides are actually larger then the standard verandahs on the S class(we have one). Sailing out of NY in December on a 12 nighter you've got 4 bad days where the balcony is useless.

OTOH, we've used the D balcony discount on two TAs to bring the differential down to $500 total for 12 nights

On the Explorer 2010 Christmas 15 nighter, we booked an inside when they had the special senior citizen rates, then got to the pier real early when the word got out about the blizzard at London Heathrow opening up a couple hundred cabins and upgraded from the inside to a D2 for $900 total with no D discount since the Pier Coordinator is a separate revenue division.

It all depends on the circumstances of each case.

I voted suite... ours will be the Grand Suite on our planned cruises.

On HAL we always stay in a Deluxe Suite, it's the same as RCL Grand Suite. Only laundry/dry cleaning is included with HAL Deluxe Suites.

We enjoy time in the Suites plus the added amenities.

Archived