Epic or Oasis?

Hi Everyone,

I have never been on NCL and i have only been on RCI once on the Indepence of the seas and loved it. But now we can't decide between the Epic or Oasis. I welcome any suggestions and I also have a question. I know when staying in a suite on RCI that there is a Concierge Lounge that you get free drinks from 5pm-8pm and I noticed that the Epic has a Concierge Lounge, so I was wondering if the Epic's concierge lounge does the same thing? so if anyone that stayed in a villa or owners suite could tell me?

Thank You

Hi amc40, I know what you mean about the suites on NCL and the prices on Oasis. We having been waiting to see if the prices would go down on both. But we can't wait any longer because we want to go during March Break, so therefore we have make a decision and we liked the perk with the suites on RCI with the free drinks but the 2 bedroom villa looks really nice and when i seen that they had a concierge lounge on the Epic also I wondered if they gave free drinks. Well we are torn but i was hoping that someone could tell me that has been on the Epic about the concierge lounge.

thanks

I have been on both the Epic and Oasis. I recommend Oasis. Epic is a great cruise and you will love it, but Oasis is just in a class of it's own and Epic can't really compare.

The Concierge Lounge on Oasis is awesome. It is 2 stories, the second story being a loft. It all overlooks the Boardwalk through 2 stories of floor to ceiling glass. A hot breakfast is served off a menu, there are free cocktails from 5-8, and the concierge team will handle any issue you have.

I don't know about Epic's CL. I stayed in a regular balcony room.

Probably my favorite part of Oasis is the 2 story adults only Solarium. It is on the front of the ship on the very top. It is heaven and it is never crowded.

I have cruised on both and I think the Oasis is a superior ship. It is much prettier and offers more things to do and see throughout the ship. On the Oasis I stayed in a Crown Loft which was magnificent and the Concierge Lounge was beautiful as described above. On the Epic I stayed at a Courtyard Villa, which I liked very much because of the private courtyard. There is no concierge lounge in the Epic like in the Oasis. But a bottle of sparkling wine comes with your villa.

I'm already booked on the Allure for Christmas and will not sail again on the Epic because I didn't think the ship had an wow factor.

I sailed on the Oasis in June and also did the Epic in October. While the Oasis is a destination in itself, we ended up liking the Epic better. Can't put my finger on it exactly but it seemed like on the Epic we were constantly doing something interesting. On the Oasis, it was "time for trivia" or time to go to the Diamond Lounge. There are a number of cool things on both ships. We did enjoy both the Oasis and the Epic but we have only said that we would return to the Epic in a second. The itineraries were basically the same except for Labadee and Roatan (Epic) so it wasn't the cruise ports. It seems like going on the Oasis, once was enough. I visited a friend who had the biggest Crown Loft Suite and it truly was amazing but for the cost, it should be. We also visited a friend who had a two-bedroom on the Epic and it was amazing. We are also big wine drinkers and we love the fact that NCL allows us to bring wines from our own cellar for a $15 per bottle corkage fee. RCCL doesn't let you bring anything on.

Best of luck on your tough decision.

Archived