Children on the Solstice

Cruisin D

Hi All,

We are looking at sailing on the Solstice on September/October in the Med later this year, we have just recieved our brochure and there is no mention of the childrens programs in it, I know that they have the kids club.

My question is - Is the Solstice a family friendly ship, we have a 5 & 9 year old, who are well cruised little travellers?

I would really appriciate any feedback & thanks in advance.

Cheers

D

I've never been on the Solstice, but we were on the Infinity in the fall with 3 kids ages 5yrs, 3yrs, & 1yr. My kids had a blast! Our trip was during school, and a long itinerary, so there were only about a dozen kids. Still my children couldn't have been happier! The kids zone was filled with games and fun! The staff was super attentive and the kids got a lot of individual attention! They ask regularly to go back. That said you mentioned your kids are well cruised. I am unfamiliar with the Solstice, but Celebrity seems to attract a slightly older set. While there is lots for the kids to do their ships don't have the same bells and whistles that some other companies do. I would keep in mind what the kids expectations will be before making that decision.

Hi All,

We are looking at sailing on the Solstice on September/October in the Med later this year, we have just recieved our brochure and there is no mention of the childrens programs in it, I know that they have the kids club.

My question is - Is the Solstice a family friendly ship, we have a 5 & 9 year old, who are well cruised little travellers?

I would really appriciate any feedback & thanks in advance.

Cheers

D

I have always found their childrens programs to be excellent. September/October are not prime seasons for children being on a ship so it might be questionable how many they will have on board.

Here is a link to the area of the web site.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000BXBLEBYrVV87T-JWnuExU0Y:12hdbcveb?pagename=childrens_programs

The fact that you're traveling when kids are in school, and in the Med, will probably mean that few, if any, school age kids will be on board. There will be some sort of program, but it could be very limited. On my most recent Solstice cruise in early December, we had less than 12 kids on board, and most of those were infants and toddlers. But, a couple of weeks later, when school was out for holiday, there was 576 kids on board. When school is in session, Solstice, and most of the other Celebrity ships, don't tend to attract as many children as other cruise lines.

Thanks for your input,

We have cruised on Carnival & Costa in the Med the last three years in a row but we love it. The kids club on board those ships where great, although on Costa there was a little bit of a language barrier. Not a problem at all though.

I did not think that Celebrity would be a problem. From what I can see on the website if looks great.

Thanks again.

Archived