CarRentals.com

kittenaround

Great site for comparing many competing car companies - I've used it several times with no issues. If you have a special discount code (corporate rates, organization affiliations, etc.) you can sometimes beat the rates you will find there. Good luck! :)

Carrental.com gave me a great rate that I booked in Dec.,2010 for Feb. 19, 2011 and now, the rate has almost doubled, so if you use them, I would book soon. Also, they offer rental car coverage through another company for about half the price the rental car company will charge you. That insurance is the one that covers your rental car for damage to the rental car. Your personal insurance also covers the rental car, but the problem is you have to pay your personal insurance deductible if the rental car is damaged(even if it is not your fault)plus there is a little clause in the rental car contract that could cost you a lot of money(long story-I can explain later if anyone is interested, let me know).

Your personal insurance also covers the rental car, but the problem is you have to pay your personal insurance deductible if the rental car is damaged(even if it is not your fault)plus there is a little clause in the rental car contract that could cost you a lot of money(long story-I can explain later if anyone is interested, let me know).

I'm curious -- could we have the "Reader's Digest" version?

Thanks for the great info. The Thrifty's website has a "pick up at Miami port" option. If I book Thrifty's through CarRentals.com, will I be able to take this shuttle to the airport to pick up the vehicle? I can book a wildcard vehicle (mid to large size vehicle-they choose) for $117 for four days which beats any rate I can get on the Thrifty's main site.

Archived