Sold out!!

moet&me

Hi everyone,

Been lurking for some time now, tried to book the "Azura"for Christmas & New Year, - apparently nothing left! (apart from the really really expensive cabins), we've left it too late! They have promised to let us know if there are any cancellations etc, but Im not holding my breath....:(

Hi moet&me. Welcome to CC. :)

I just had a quick look on P&O's website at that cruise. There are some part obstructed view outside cabins, balcony cabins and superior balcony cabins available, flying from Manchester, unless I'm reading it wrong :confused:

Peak time cruises will always sell well. We booked our Ventura 2009 Christmas cruise when booking opened 20 months ahead on a Monday, and by the Friday of that first week the Manchester flight was full.

You might pick up a cabin if people have to cancel when the balances are due to be paid a few weeks before departure.

Carol x

Is it the one that leaves on 23rd or 24th December 2011? Because it is showing loads of cabins on my favourite TA's website?

Same here jeanlyon. Unless the OP is looking for a specific type or location of cabin such as an inside, a 4 berth or disabled etc, I can't understand why someone is telling them there are only the most expensive cabins left, which appear to be sold out. It's normally the flights that sell out.

So clearly we should follow the advice of some and always book late cos you get a better deal............ NOT.

Dai

I've never noticed anyone advise always booking late. What I have seen is the excellent advice to book potentially popular cruises early, and Christmas would seem to fall into that category, and more run of the mill ones late.

This advice is generally sound IMHO.

Mary:)

We have just booked our first P&O cruise having watching the prices for the last few months and the cabines on our prefered deck diminishing.

What i can say is the prices have gone up not down, the free parking is now not available and we booked one of the last cabines at the grade we wanted.

and there are 6 months still to go.

hence its cost us £100's more than booking in say november or even december would have.

I dare say there will be bargains to be had closer to departure but not in the cabines we wanted ( unless P&O only other out cabines in a trickle to give the impression the ship is filling up- anyone know if this is the case?)

I just booked 2 inside cabins for this cruise for the 24th departure. We had to take a guarantee but then we had to do that last year too so quite happy with that. We are waitlisted for Freedom Dining but will probably end up with 6.30pm but again not too bothered.

We used to book when the Xmas cruises went on sale in order to get 2 cabins together but now the kids are adults its not a problem. I don't think it will sell out for a little while yet but the cheaper cabins are going fast - probably a sign of the economic times! We decided we'd book our place now rather than risk missing out altogether.

That would always be my problem - having to eat at 6.30 :-( Just couldn't do it. Far too early. How likely are you to get Freedom dining?

I don't know really. We've never been waitlisted before but from the forums I gather that those waitlisted for Freedom do often get it. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I don't know really. We've never been waitlisted before but from the forums I gather that those waitlisted for Freedom do often get it. I will keep my fingers crossed.

We were waitlisted for Freedom but didn't get it unfortunately. We only booked 8 weeks before sailing. We were told by Maitre D that Freedom was full by the June as we sailed in the October. (does that make sense?) We were assigned 1st sitting but easily changed to 2nd after the first evening. We booked early this time to make sure we got Freedom.

We had early dining last Christmas in the Caribbean as it was what our other family members preferred, but never again. We came back on board from a trip or the beach and had to get showered and dressed for dinner straight away, no time for a relaxing drink, sailaway, or nap. Then after dinner and the show we felt the evening dragged and we were wandering around wondering what to do as it was too early to go to bed but we didn't want to sit in a bar drinking for the sake of it.

Carol x

We had early dining last Christmas in the Caribbean as it was what our other family members preferred, but never again. We came back on board from a trip or the beach and had to get showered and dressed for dinner straight away, no time for a relaxing drink, sailaway, or nap. Then after dinner and the show we felt the evening dragged and we were wandering around wondering what to do as it was too early to go to bed but we didn't want to sit in a bar drinking for the sake of it.

Carol x

Exactly! The day would be ruined for me if I had to eat at 6.30. Not sure I have eaten at that time since I was 6!!

Archived