Costa Maya Coral Reef Snorkeling by Boat

travelbuds

We're booked for the one from costamayaexcursions

I would be interested in this too. I'm going 3/23, and this, like you said, was about 1/2 what the cruise line offered. However, it is only 1.5 hrs vs 3 hrs with the cruiseline. I prefer the 1.5 hrs. I don't need 3 hrs for snorkeling.

If you wouldn't mind posting your review/opinion of costamayanexcursions we'd appreciate it. Also if you wouldn't mind sending it to me at browe zilla at yahoo "nospam" dot com

I was there in January and booked a snorkle tour for $15 for 2 and 1/2 hours in Majuhual. Morning was $20.00. Go to the booth on the beach where they let you off. It was a 25 person boat that took about 20 minutes to get to the snorkle site. Most (99%) of the places in town don't have a web site because it is quite primitive in this area. No telephones, ATM machines or charge cards usuage.

Just back....full review under construction....

But this snorkel trip was really great. Very professional staff from the Costa Maya Pier complex, all the way to the dive guide. The water was abit rough, but still quite enjoyable. We started with only SIX people on board, very roomy and private. A fourth couple joined later by small boat, they bought the excursion at the last minute from the pier.

Shallow reef with good visibility, nice variety of fish, scuddle fish, lobster, big puffer, squid, plenty of angels and butterflys. Bernado guided us to each of the better spots.

The Tequilla Beach club was very nice, good prices, service and quality. We stayed for lunch and beach time. Ask for Fernando as you leave for the snorkel, he will have a table waiting for you as you return. Nice restrooms, shower, music, scenery. On the boat, we passed by the town area and saw Tapas/PezQuadro, etc....while I bet they were great, Tequilla has most of the same offerings, but with less crowd.

Will post more details in upcoming review. Ask here if you have 'specific' questions...

Yes, booked in advance, at costamayaexcursions. It was $5pp deposit via CC. $20pp balance paid in cash upon arrival.

But one of the four couples on our trip simply walked up and paid at the CostaMaya complex. Their booth is near the fountain as you walk in.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived