Carnival Customer Service ???

seabee22

:confused: Why is it that when you first book a cruise with Carnival they treat you like a "customer" --- and after you are booked - and try to speak with a Customer Service Supervisor or a Person with any authority, you are told they can not help???

We booked a cruise several months ago for one price - which is now fully paid.....and now Carnival is offering a lower price ON THEIR WEB SITE, AND EMAIL SENT TO US, along with a $200.00 on board credit for the same cruise ???

When we called we were told this is for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY !!!!!!! We tried to speak with a Supervisor, and we were told NO!!!! -

This clown -( ALFREDO ROBERT ) said he was a screener for who speaks to a supervisor, and that our situation did not merit speaking with a supervisor --- WOW !!!

Bottom line is - no refund, - and no on board credit - ENJOY YOUR CRUISE !!!!:mad::mad: SO MUCH FOR BEING PLATINUM .... NEXT TIME IT WILL BE A CELEBRITY CRUISE, OR ANOTHER LINE.... :eek::eek:

That is pretty bad customer service. I would call back and again ask for a supervisor and would wait until one was put on the phone. I have had the same response but I tell them that I have nothing else to do but stay on the phone and I will hold or keep calling back until I get someone who helps me. You might not get the response you want but I would still try.

:confused: Why is it that when you first book a cruise with Carnival they treat you like a "customer" --- and after you are booked - and try to speak with a Customer Service Supervisor or a Person with any authority, you are told they can not help???

We booked a cruise several months ago for one price - which is now fully paid.....and now Carnival is offering a lower price ON THEIR WEB SITE, AND EMAIL SENT TO US, along with a $200.00 on board credit for the same cruise ???

When we called we were told this is for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY !!!!!!! We tried to speak with a Supervisor, and we were told NO!!!! -

This clown -( ALFREDO ROBERT ) said he was a screener for who speaks to a supervisor, and that our situation did not merit speaking with a supervisor --- WOW !!!

Bottom line is - no refund, - and no on board credit - ENJOY YOUR CRUISE !!!!:mad::mad: SO MUCH FOR BEING PLATINUM .... NEXT TIME IT WILL BE A CELEBRITY CRUISE, OR ANOTHER LINE.... :eek::eek:

If you booked Early Saver, there are methods/policies for price-matching all the special offers and the "for new bookings only" does NOT apply.

If you're booked an assigned cabin booking like CAT 4A, CAT 4B...... these are different Categories than Guarantee bookings (IS, OV, BL, ST) and cannot be directly price-matched.

If you booked otherwise (Past Guest, 55+, Resident, Military....), if you are before final payment deadline you should be able to cancel and re-book under the special, altho some have claimed that Carnival keeps track of your cancelled booking and doesn't let you - you should be able to get around this.

If you booked otherwise (Past Guest, 55+, Resident, Military....), and are after final payment, there's no price-matching, which sounds like your situation, in which case the "screening" rep is maybe a bit rude but is correct.

What booking type are you, are you before or past Final Payment deadline, and what special are you trying to take advantage of?

ken

"When we called we were told this is for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY !!!!!!!"

Sorry, but I don't see the issue. The above statement pretty much sums it up.:confused:

Sorry, but I was told this after they gave me this excuse. I did get my OBC. It would not hurt to talk to a supervisor and not take one person's word for it. Like I said earlier, it might not get you anywhere and you might have gotten the right answer but the OP might feel better if he did talk to someone else.

Sometimes the CSR is wrong.

Did you book through a TA or Carnival?

Did you book Early Saver or another fare code? Anything other than Early Saver and there are no price adjustments after final payment...

:)

I think Host Mach wins the prize for correct answer .. Im betting the OP is after final payment .. could be a gty rate too that the OP does not qualify for. Rather than keep arguing they just said the OP cant get it, only for new bookings.

If the OP was before final payment, obviously he could cancel and rebook .. so it has to be close to the sailing and its some gty probably to fill the ship. OP give no info what type of rate it is he sees.

It's the same with airlines, you book your ticket then don't look again to see the price has dropped, if you don't like being stuck in this situation don't book an early saver fare.

With that said, post cruise CCL's service does suck, be it a small issue or a large one CCL really does itself no good.

Did you book through a TA or Carnival?

Did you book Early Saver or another fare code? Anything other than Early Saver and there are no price adjustments after final payment...

:)

Yeah but he most likely qualified for an upgrade being that his category went down $200. Apparently they did not offer that option as the OP makes no mention of it. You need to see things from both sides of the fence not just the CCL skewed side.

CCL customer service is lacking and for the most part is indifferent at best.

Yeah but he most likely qualified for an upgrade being that his category went down $200. Apparently they did not offer that option as the OP makes no mention of it. You need to see things from both sides of the fence not just the CCL skewed side.

CCL customer service is lacking and for the most part is indifferent at best.

His category didn't go down $200 there was a sale for past guests with up to $200 OBC.

There aren't enough (any) specifics in the post to make a judgement either way. ken

Thanks - but it is - what it is...

We booked directly with CCL the cabin I wanted, on the deck I wanted, for the T/ A in Oct /2011...and paid for it. We used our past guest number so that was the discount we received at time of booking.

Now that same catagory is selling for less, and also with with an OBC of $200 on the CCL Web site, and in an e mail CCL sent me for the same cruise....

I called my PVP and he said he could not help in the situation.... When I asked to speak to a Supervisor and / Manager, - (the rude clown) - Alfredo Robert came on the line and said he was a screener - and that a supervisor told had him NO ! - No refund, and no OBC - !! and that I could not speak with a supervisor, and said "Have a nice Cruise", and hung up .............so much for customer service.:(

If you are Platinum (I suspect not) then you know the rules.

Why are you complaining?

We booked directly with CCL the cabin I wanted, on the deck I wanted, for the T/ A in Oct /2011...and paid for it. We used our past guest number so that was the discount we received at time of booking.

Now that same catagory is selling for less, and also with with an OBC of $200 on the CCL Web site, and in an e mail CCL sent me for the same cruise....

I called my PVP and he said he could not help in the situation.... When I asked to speak to a Supervisor and / Manager, - (the rude clown) - Alfredo Robert came on the line and said he was a screener - and that a supervisor told had him NO ! - No refund, and no OBC - !! and that I could not speak with a supervisor, and said "Have a nice Cruise", and hung up .............so much for customer service.:(

Based on this info (you are booked at Past Guest rate and are many months away from Final Payment Deadline, there's no question in my mind that you should be able to cancel your booking and re-book at the better rate (an experienced PVP should do this for you, knowing that you can simply re-book yourself) - unless zqvol for fire or others think differently?.

Personally, I'd call your PVP and explain this and if PVP still disagrees, tell them it's your right to have this elevated to the Guest Solutions E-Team, preferably via a 3-way conference call. If PVP won't arrange this, re-post in this thread and I'll try to help.

BTW - There weren't any special booking restrictions (see your confirmation), this being a T/A ????

In the meantime, document the offer and the dates it was made, and the dates and conversations with PVP's/supervisors.

ken

I checked the CCL website and I think you are confused. Some of the European sailings do indeed offer OBC on the Magic but the TA cruise in Oct 2011 does NOT offer OBC. Since you booked a past guest rate you are not allowed OBC for price drops. HOWEVER, if there are price drops you can get an upgrade to your cabin category. Say you booked an 8D balcony for say $1200 and now category 8G is $1200 you can call CCL and get your cabin changed to an 8G. This is done all the time even after final payment no matter what rate code used in booking and I just did it twice last month on our B2B with no hassle whatsoever.

Based on this info (you are booked at Past Guest rate and are many months away from Final Payment Deadline, there's no question in my mind that you should be able to cancel your booking and re-book at the better rate (an experienced PVP should do this for you, knowing that you can simply re-book yourself) - unless zqvol for fire or others think differently?.

Personally, I'd call your PVP and explain this and if PVP still disagrees, tell them it's your right to have this elevated to the Guest Solutions E-Team, preferably via a 3-way conference call. If PVP won't arrange this, re-post in this thread and I'll try to help.

BTW - There weren't any special booking restrictions (see your confirmation), this being a T/A ????

In the meantime, document the offer and the dates it was made, and the dates and conversations with PVP's/supervisors.

ken

He said he paid for it so I assume he is paid in full so rebooking is not an option.

He said he paid for it so I assume he is paid in full so rebooking is not an option.

Being well outside the Final Payment Deadline, The OP can cancel with zero penalty, whether he's only deposited or fully paid. ken

I checked the CCL website and I think you are confused. Some of the European sailings do indeed offer OBC on the Magic but the TA cruise in Oct 2011 does NOT offer OBC. Since you booked a past guest rate you are not allowed OBC for price drops. HOWEVER, if there are price drops you can get an upgrade to your cabin category. Say you booked an 8D balcony for say $1200 and now category 8G is $1200 you can call CCL and get your cabin changed to an 8G. This is done all the time even after final payment no matter what rate code used in booking and I just did it twice last month on our B2B with no hassle whatsoever.

If you are booked Past Guest Rate and are prior to final payment you can get price drops for Past Guest drops (you can also transfer to any of the Promo Rates 55+, Resident, Military that you're eligible for, that have a lower rate than your PG rate. The scenario you describe, where the rate for a category above yours falls below yours, is also true. ken

Don't feel alone.....we have faced the same RUDE behavior from the customer service reps at Carnival. It seems that their phone calls are NOT recorded or ever listened to for "customer service" purposes....if they were about 90% of their employees would now be out of work!!! I was a supervisor in a call center for years, this type of unhelpful, rude attitude was NEVER allowed and we fired folks on the spot. One can NEVER reach a supervisor, all these reps must be CEO's of Carnival...can't get above them. Atrocious and I am sorry for your distress....we face it with Carnival too and it is very disturbing. Whether you fit the situation at hand or not, rudeness by Carnival employees should NEVER be tolerated....by us as paying customers, or by Carnival itself. Shame on Carnival.

Don't feel alone.....we have faced the same RUDE behavior from the customer service reps at Carnival. It seems that their phone calls are NOT recorded or ever listened to for "customer service" purposes....if they were about 90% of their employees would now be out of work!!! I was a supervisor in a call center for years, this type of unhelpful, rude attitude was NEVER allowed and we fired folks on the spot. One can NEVER reach a supervisor, all these reps must be CEO's of Carnival...can't get above them. Atrocious and I am sorry for your distress....we face it with Carnival too and it is very disturbing. Whether you fit the situation at hand or not, rudeness by Carnival employees should NEVER be tolerated....by us as paying customers, or by Carnival itself. Shame on Carnival.

So why don't you stop giving them your money as a point of principle to show your displeasure with their business practices?

Yeah, I thought so. They are cheap and they go where you want to go so you put up with it. Don't feel bad, me too.

Archived