Whoo hoo Yankees game

warmwinds

Good choice--Safeco is a great place to see a game. Try to buy your tickets early--Yankees games are very popular and often sell out, even in seasons when the M's aren't doing so well. Single-game tickets usually go on sale the first or second Saturday in March.

If you wear your Yankees gear, you might not get all smiles from the hometown fans--"Seattle nice" wears a little thin when the Yankees come to town. But I'll bet it will be a nicer reception than a decked-out M's fan would get in New York! ;)

Definitely go. The area around the stadium has lots of bars, much like Boston. When we were there we actually saw "Yankees Stink" signs at the bars.:) Yes, we are Mets fans, and were delighted.:p

Right after Safeco Field opened, stadium security did ask a fan wearing a "Yankees suck" t-shirt to cover it up, or leave--so "Seattle nice" does still apply in that regard. However, the uproar in response to that (including questions about whether the Yankee Stadium management would likely return the favor!) was so loud, I'm not sure they would do it again!

Perhaps I should clarify about the Yankees games selling out: I have seen them sell every single seat, more than once. Most years, however, when I go and get in line, as I always do, in the freezing cold and (usually) rain, at 5 am, the day that single game tickets go on sale, by the time I get to the head of the line, the seats left for the Yankees games are not anyplace we really want to sit. I usually buy them anyway because, well, we hate the Yankees that much! :D

We did go to Safeco Field another time and it's a great place to see a game...and another great thing if you're an out-of-towner is that you know your game will never be rained out because of the roof.

I was planning on wearing a regular Yankees shirt, nothing inflammatory, so I think we'll be ok :)

Definitely go. The area around the stadium has lots of bars, much like Boston. When we were there we actually saw "Yankees Stink" signs at the bars.:) Yes, we are Mets fans, and were delighted.:p

If that is all it said, that was very polite. We usually say something more like Yankees s**k, and you will see many tee shirts saying exactly that when that particular team is in town.

Archived