Carry-On Baggage with RCI

baldilocks

We have always checked our bags with RCI. However, after two very late deliveries to our cabin (past 8 p.m.). We were wondering what others have just carried on to the ship. We were planning one large bag, one medium bag (fits in the airplane overhead) and two small carry-ons. The large bag is what we were more concerned about. It is not huge, but it has to be checked at the airport. Any advice?

You will have to go back and check the large bag. Iv tried a medium bag, 25 inches, and had to lose my place in line when they refused it at the scanner. We had a basket that is the same size, just wider than at airports.

This has happened to me twice. Twice iv been able to take it on.

It clearly fits thru the scanner. One door lady when I said it fits thru the scanner like Paul posted said back "what does that have to do with it?"

More than likely they will not take anything larger than a carry on size .. and Im one who has tried the 25 inch medium thin suitcase more than a few times. Only the regular carry on size is guaranteed to get thru.

As has been said, you must be able to get it through the scanner. Another issue with RCI is that they often will not allow you to go to your cabin until about 1pm. So, if you get on early with lots of luggage you are kind of stuck with it until the cabins are available. We do not understand why RCI has a problem delivering luggage. We cruise many different cruise lines and RCI is the only line where we did not have our luggage by mid-afternoon.

Hank

Archived