Marina liquor policy??

Lohe

Oceania seems to have conflicting statements about bringing liquor on board. The Terms and Conditions states that the carrier reserves the right to retain all liquor brought on board & that all liquor purchased ashore must remain in bond until disembarkation. The FAQs on the website states that guests wishing to bring up to 3 bottles of wine on board may do so, either to enjoy in their stateroom or in the dining rooms, with a $20/bottle corkage charge. So what's the story? Can we bring wine on board or not? We are going on the inaugural cruise through the Panama Canal would like to enjoy at little wine (maybe, even a little champagne) on occasion.

Oceania seems to have conflicting statements about bringing liquor on board. The Terms and Conditions states that the carrier reserves the right to retain all liquor brought on board & that all liquor purchased ashore must remain in bond until disembarkation.

The carrier (Oceania) reserves the right but does not generally use it, and to the best of my knowledge, has never had reason to use it. Lawyer speak; it's there if they need it.

The FAQs on the website states that guests wishing to bring up to 3 bottles of wine on board may do so, either to enjoy in their stateroom or in the dining rooms, with a $20/bottle corkage charge.

It is correct that you may bring wine on board. You may also bring bear liquor or liqueurs aboard, at embarkation or at any port. There has never been any enforcement of quantity reported among anyone bring adult beverages aboard, although I doubt that too many people exceed 3 bottles when they can get more at every port. There have been reports here on Cruise Critic of folks bringing multiple cases of wine on board, but I imagine if you planned to do that it might be smart to contact Oceania to get help arranging the logistics.

It is absolutely correct that if you do bring your own beverages on board, you are requested to constrain your use to your own stateroom, unless you pay the corkage fee for wine. There will be occasional reminders of this in the daily newsletter, Currents. (The request to keep the beverages in your cabin used to apply to soft drinks, as well, but now that they are included, there is really no need to bring your own unless you want something really different, like Squirt or Fresca. I used to bring Diet Pepsi.)

There are also daily reminders that deck chairs are not to be reserved more than 30 minutes, but every day there are chair hogs who ignore it, and inconsiderate people who carry their own wine to dinner in a glass.

Thinking of glasses, just ask your steward(ess) or butler for wine glasses and a corkscrew. They're happy to oblige.

Oceania allows us to bring on all the liquor that we want aboard, but because that kind of freedom sometimes brings out the worst in some of us, they must "reserve the right" to confiscate it in the event that a problem develops.

Incidentally, we're sailing on the same cruise as you are! :D

Why not join the Roll Call? We have a great group of people:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119682&page=29

Hope to see you at the cocktail party!

If I read this correctly, I can bring my vodka and my husband's bourban as well as our wine???? Well, that just makes my night!! Never one to break the rules, I was prepared to just bring on our allotted 3 bottles of wine. But a nice vodka tonic in the cabin on the deck is a real bonus.

I don't want to push it, but do they carry tonic on the ship if I ask for it instead of soda?? How about getting a fresh lime cut up??

Those of you with experience are absolutely priceless!! Thank you so much.

Mom C

If I read this correctly, I can bring my vodka and my husband's bourban as well as our wine????

YES for use in your CABIN

I don't want to push it, but do they carry tonic on the ship if I ask for it instead of soda?? How about getting a fresh lime cut up??

Mom C

They have tonic in the cabin

I suppose you could order limes from room service or ask the bartender to give you some to take back to your cabin.

I think the 3 bottle limit refers to PORT stops & not on embarkation day.

a matter if interpretation

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/faq.aspx?Cat=All

Q: Can I purchase bottles of wine at ports of call and bring them onboard?

A: Guests wishing to purchase wine in a port of call and bring it onboard with them may do so, limited to three (3) bottles per stateroom. Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship's dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $20.00 per bottle.

Archived