Cruise in a week and need.... bacon!

ManyMore

Surely not the oatmeal. :rolleyes:

LOL!!!

On the Paradise, there was a country potato style mix that had onions and peppers in it. Yes, someone was using the spoon to go through it and ONLY pick out the potato pieces. :rolleyes:

I know the bacon police will be out... (I can order 15 lobsters but need my bacon handed out lol) anyone out there on the Destiny willing to stand behind me and get me more bacon? Will trade for eggs lol

There is no such thing as bacon police. There are servers serving the bacon because people are so stupid that they grab it with their hands. They will give you as much bacon as you want, just don't use your hands to pick it up.

That's certainly true, but just like you pointed out, people like to look through the pile and make sure they get a piece just to their liking, either crispier or less so. That's the difference between bacon and the rest of the breakfast buffet. That's not the same as most of the rest of the food, your get a pancake they are all the same, you don't see everyone picking though the stack of pancake to find the perfect one.

I actually do pick specific pancakes and french toast... the ones on top are colder and I don't like soggly french toast so try to choose some that isn't. This doesn't apply to just breakfast... people pic through just about anything on a buffet... people will be people.

I actually do pick specific pancakes and french toast... the ones on top are colder and I don't like soggly french toast so try to choose some that isn't. This doesn't apply to just breakfast... people pic through just about anything on a buffet... people will be people.

A buffet is all about quantity and speed, not quality. People who want cooked to order should eat in the MDR. Line breakers and line jumpers should be shot on sight.

I have noticed the quality of bacon has increased by orders of magnitude since people can't grab a plateful only to waste most. They grab it faster than it can be cooked. That or break most pieces into crumbs.

The promised land!

P1180023.JPG

God bless the bacon servers!

P1180024.JPG

Do you use your hands? Because that's why the bacon police were invented. People dug through the pile with their hands. I've seen it. As long as you aren't touching every pancake you should be OK.

The bacon they have on the ship is not worth getting more then one piece.....it is the thinest, fatest, tasteless stuff out there:cool: They cut the cost on that stuff a long time ago when they changed to the cheap stuff....

True. On my last couple of Carnival cruises (both times the Ecstasy). I find the bacon better on RCCL. On Carnival I like the grilled ham for breakfast.

Also, bacon in the MDR is not much better than the lido I think. Probably the same batch of bacon.

Al here,

Why lie to get more bacon:confused:

It's your cruise, your bacon just ask for more...There's no Big Bro watching over shoulder. I normally get 3/4 lbs of bacon and 2 omelets each am.

I just tell them it's for the family pitbull.:D

Al

It may depend on which line you go in, too - in Oct, we had one buffet line that always had a guy giving out the bacon, and 2 where that wasn't happening - not sure of the logic, as I would think the sausages, etc would be ust as costly as the bacon - no salmon police around that I could see ... :D

Yes Cindy!!!!!!!! We can be each others back up!!!!

No I do not use my hands! Although I have been amazed at how many people feel free to put their hands in the food... and no not just bacon.

BRING ON THE BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on and the mac and cheese!! Don't even get me going on THAT!!!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Archived