Cruise in a week and need.... bacon!

ManyMore

All you need to do is ASK for more bacon. My DH is a big bacon eater and he just asks for more until he gets as much as he would like.

I understand why there are bacon police!!! I also have to say I like having them, except for the time spent waiting for them to handle both sides of the buffet lines at once. I didn't like having others "paw" through the bacon to find the perfect slice.

Enjoy your cruise!

You do know all you have to do is ask for more or how much you want?? Not sure if you are joking with us or not .. I love bacon too.

If you feel guilty asking, tell them the rest is for someone else :D

Yeah that is a good idea...I often carry an xtra plate and get some on mine then ask for some on the 2nd plate, that way I dont look like such a pig! I like the bacon police, that way Im not ending up with all broken up pieces from others digging through it.

All you need to do is ASK for more bacon. My DH is a big bacon eater and he just asks for more until he gets as much as he would like.

I understand why there are bacon police!!! I also have to say I like having them, except for the time spent waiting for them to handle both sides of the buffet lines at once. I didn't like having others "paw" through the bacon to find the perfect slice.

Enjoy your cruise!

You don't even need to ask at the buffet. Just keep your plate in front of them and they will keep piling it on til you move along. They do it for sanitary reasons and to SPEED UP the process so you don't have some guy digging through the pile looking for the perfect piece of bacon. The 'bacon police' threads may be the single stupidest complaint I ever see on CC.

There was no bacon police at the aft breakfast buffet (Tandoori during other meals) on the Dream, just the main section on Lido. There were also no lines there. :D

What a fine kept secret eh? I always go back there. It's so dead I almost feel like I'm doing something wrong when I hit it up!

I know the bacon police will be out... (I can order 15 lobsters but need my bacon handed out lol) anyone out there on the Destiny willing to stand behind me and get me more bacon? Will trade for eggs lol

We were just on the Elation and you can ask for as much bacon as you want.

You just have to ask....(just like with the 15 lobsters).

While the bacon police is handing it out....I have never seen them say no ...

On the flip side, before the "bacon police"....I have seen individuals CLEAN OUT a bacon holder onto their plate....so there was NO bacon for the folks behind them until some more was ready.

AND I have seen plates full of bacon not eaten and wasted....

so while this is a cost cutting measure....it is also a measure to insure that EVERYONE in line can get bacon in a timely manner.....and not have to wait for it because some "hog" took 1/3rd (and I am NOT exaggerating...I don't see how they got it all on their plate) of the tray.

You don't even need to ask at the buffet. Just keep your plate in front of them and they will keep piling it on til you move along. They do it for sanitary reasons and to SPEED UP the process so you don't have some guy digging through the pile looking for the perfect piece of bacon. The 'bacon police' threads may be the single stupidest complaint I ever see on CC.

Sanitary reasons? ROFL only BACON would be unsanitary? LOL and yes people do tend to pick thepieces they like, just like any of the other food. Some don't like bacon that isn't cripsy and is all uncooked fat.

Just sayin lol

Sanitary reasons? ROFL only BACON would be unsanitary? LOL and yes people do tend to pick thepieces they like, just like any of the other food. Some don't like bacon that isn't cripsy and is all uncooked fat.

Just sayin lol

Sure, but you must understand that these days when cruise lines worry ALLOT about Noro and similar viruse, it's not ideal to have some 80 year old man digging though a vast pile of bacon and touching every piece that will eventually be on the plates of 200 other guests. Get it? It's not the bacon that's unsanitary, it's the folks that dig though the bacon.

Sure, but you must understand that these days when cruise lines worry ALLOT about Noro and similar viruse, it's not ideal to have some 80 year old man digging though a vast pile of bacon and touching every piece that will eventually be on the plates of 200 other guests. Get it? It's not the bacon that's unsanitary, it's the folks that dig though the bacon.

Yes I am aware the bacon isn't unsanitary... my point is... any an all food in a buffet can be touched and picked through.

Yes I am aware the bacon isn't unsanitary... my point is... any an all food in a buffet can be touched and picked through.

That's certainly true, but just like you pointed out, people like to look through the pile and make sure they get a piece just to their liking, either crispier or less so. That's the difference between bacon and the rest of the breakfast buffet. That's not the same as most of the rest of the food, your get a pancake they are all the same, you don't see everyone picking though the stack of pancake to find the perfect one.

I know the bacon police will be out... (I can order 15 lobsters but need my bacon handed out lol) anyone out there on the Destiny willing to stand behind me and get me more bacon? Will trade for eggs lol

LOL: I know that you are just joking and know that all you have to do is ask and they will give you all the raw bacon that you can eat. Personally I can not stand the uncooked bacon that is served in the buffett. Make mine crispy, please.:p

That's funny. I was taken back at first at the bacon cop...at first i thought for some reason this guy just stopped to serve me the bacon, maybe he was being nice. Then i noticed he was giving out a select amount to everyone.

I didnt need more, or i would have asked, but i thought it was funny.

Archived