Jolly Roger Pirate Ship

garda

Back in 2006, we went on the Jolly Roger Ship and it was awesome! We will be cruising in May and heading back to Barbados but was told by another cruise critic member that the Jolly Roger is no longer there. Not sure why.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a Jolly Pirate Snorkel tour in Aruba which was a blast. I saw one in Barbados that was a shipwreck snorkel, pirate fun cruise and beach whcih looked really fun....I think the ship was called the MV Harbour Master.

WOW! That brings back some memories... I was on the Jolly Roger out of Bridgetown in 1978!! I was 9 years old, and I can still remember it like it was yesterday, the Captain let me steer and I got a yellow t-shirt with a picture of the Jolly Roger on it. Probably not the best experience for a young child (and the reason why I still come unglued when anyone vomits near me :eek:), but man it would be great to be on her again as an adult!

• 3 weeks later...

It was announced in the local paper the Jolly Roger was back in B/dos,but they have a new name BLACK PEARL....

WOW! That brings back some memories... I was on the Jolly Roger out of Bridgetown in 1978!! I was 9 years old, and I can still remember it like it was yesterday, the Captain let me steer and I got a yellow t-shirt with a picture of the Jolly Roger on it. Probably not the best experience for a young child (and the reason why I still come unglued when anyone vomits near me :eek:), but man it would be great to be on her again as an adult!

Just back from our cruise and we did the Pirate snorkel and beach fun with the Harbor Masters ship. I would not recommend this to anyone. The ship had three levels and all the activities took place on the top level...the wench wedding which was about 3 minutes long and the music and dancing which was a big drunk fest. The bar was on the lower level and then there was seating with tables on the middle level. We felt if everyone didn't crowd on the top level you were out of it. IT went to a beach that was beautiful and you were immediately met by men wanting to sell chairs and umbrella's so you can sit while they take people out on a barge to the snorkeling area for 25 minutes each group. They set up a bar on the beach with cheap rum drinks and beer and this is where everyone got smashed. Then on your short ride back they played some songs, married off a wench and circled around the harbor before docking. Not fun at all and never saw the sliding board into the water that they show in the picture. Save your money and do something else.

• 2 weeks later...

I have reason to believe that a brand new Jolly Roger (sailship)

is about to be delivered, here at Barbados -as we speak!

i.e. approx. 1000 hrs. Sunday 6th. March,2011

It's been making its way down from wherever it was built (Maine? ..fiberglass hull?)

over the last few weeks, and I've been following its progress via pictures posted on Facebook

as they passed various identifiable West Indian (Caribbean to you) islands, en route to Barbados!

NO promises, of course, but stand by for further info.

Those of you who get here at the end of this winter cruising season may yet sail her

under those red sails with the white cross -assuming that they continue with that decor?

I have reason to believe that a brand new Jolly Roger (sailship)

is about to be delivered, here at Barbados -as we speak!

i.e. approx. 1000 hrs. Sunday 6th. March,2011

It's been making its way down from wherever it was built (Maine? ..fiberglass hull?)

over the last few weeks, and I've been following its progress via pictures posted on Facebook

as they passed various identifiable West Indian (Caribbean to you) islands, en route to Barbados!

NO promises, of course, but stand by for further info.

Those of you who get here at the end of this winter cruising season may yet sail her

under those red sails with the white cross -assuming that they continue with that decor?

See the Facebook page! :D http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/barbadosblackpearljollyroger1

OK. Thanks for that.

I just received an invitation (one of those Facebook 'Event' things..)

to the Jolly Roger's maiden voyage, out of Bridgetown this afternoon at 5 p.m.

No doubt it will be madly over-subscribed! :)

Think I'll try to go down there and get a few shots to show y'all..

Stand by.

This evening's light was lousy, so I won't bore you with dull pics.

More later, on some sunny day -soon. Promise. ;)

BPearl-376.jpg

BPearl-385.jpg

BPearl-371.jpg

After the helm, this is the most important area on the ship! :D

Archived