need CRUISE DIRECTOR info, kind of a weird request

kruzkid

Hey everyone my name is Colby and I am a junior in high school in Stockton CA. At my school every junior does an "isearch" paper for their english class. This is where each student researches a career, and writes roughly 10 pages or so answering multiple questions regarding the career. As an active cruiser and cruise critic member, I decided I would come here looking for info, and volunteers that I could interview via skype/ email. I do have a very close family friend working for NCL, however he is a Front Office Manager, and doesn't really work in the cruise staff department. I would love to get in contact with anyone who is a cruise director, assistant cruise director, or member of cruise staff aboard or retired from any cruise line, or parent/ relative of someone in these positions. It would be greatly appreciated if a skype or email interview to answer a few basic questions about the career could take place in the next few weeks. Thank you so much! And if you are able to help me, just reply in this post and I will get you my email so we can make some sort of an arrangement. P.S., if this post is in the wrong place you can move it wherever it needs to go, I would just figure I would post it here because my next cruise is with RCCL :D

quote.gif

Colby, I can't really help you, but I just wanted to say that I know that the isearch projects my kids worked on, were extremely detailed and quite an involved project. I've kept them and regard them as some of their most "telling" school projects.

Good luck to you and I hope you get the contacts you are looking for!:)

Good Luck with your paper, Colby. A friend of mine just started working on NCL's Pride of America. She has been onboard about 2 months now. Last month she received the Coast Guard's Highest Award for Safety (for the area she was working in) and a few days ago received another award for "Best Rookie on the Ship". She is Low (Wo)man on the Totem Pole and is working towards being a dining steward, but right now is doing basic stuff in one of the eating areas. If you are looking for an honest account of her job and crew life, you may be in for an earful. So far she has been disappointed in her experience, but I hope it gets better for her before she jumps ship (pun not intended) and flies home. I don't know if you would be interested in talking with her or if I could even arrange it, but I could try if you are. Good Luck.

Melissa

Good Luck with your paper, Colby. A friend of mine just started working on NCL's Pride of America. She has been onboard about 2 months now. Last month she received the Coast Guard's Highest Award for Safety (for the area she was working in) and a few days ago received another award for "Best Rookie on the Ship". She is Low (Wo)man on the Totem Pole and is working towards being a dining steward, but right now is doing basic stuff in one of the eating areas. If you are looking for an honest account of her job and crew life, you may be in for an earful. So far she has been disappointed in her experience, but I hope it gets better for her before she jumps ship (pun not intended) and flies home. I don't know if you would be interested in talking with her or if I could even arrange it, but I could try if you are. Good Luck.

Melissa

Melissa, thank you so much for the offer! I actually have a very close friend on the america, James Byrd, and he will defiantly help me get a few connections!

Hey everyone my name is Colby and I am a junior in high school in Stockton CA. At my school every junior does an "isearch" paper for their english class. This is where each student researches a career, and writes roughly 10 pages or so answering multiple questions regarding the career. As an active cruiser and cruise critic member, I decided I would come here looking for info, and volunteers that I could interview via skype/ email. I do have a very close family friend working for NCL, however he is a Front Office Manager, and doesn't really work in the cruise staff department. I would love to get in contact with anyone who is a cruise director, assistant cruise director, or member of cruise staff aboard or retired from any cruise line, or parent/ relative of someone in these positions. It would be greatly appreciated if a skype or email interview to answer a few basic questions about the career could take place in the next few weeks. Thank you so much! And if you are able to help me, just reply in this post and I will get you my email so we can make some sort of an arrangement. P.S., if this post is in the wrong place you can move it wherever it needs to go, I would just figure I would post it here because my next cruise is with RCCL :D

quote.gif

Hey Colby-Mike is on these boards and is very active so you might want to reach out to him. DJMike is his screen name. We loved him on Voyager!

Colby, go over to the Voyager/Galveston thread and post a message for DJ Mike, he is a cruise director and I'd bet he and maybe even Casey (on VOTS last I knew) may be willing to offer up some assistance. Casey used to work in Adventure Ocean and made a major move up the ladder to CD.

Good luck on the paper.

Archived