Secret Harbor?

millerboy88

We are arrivng in St. Thomas in April. Looks to be 3 ships there that day. I have heard about Secret Harbor. Is this a nice place and worth the trip. We are looking for a place that is not "so" crowded, that has a good beach, chairs to rent, and place to eat/bar. Is the water there ok to swim? Is the best way to get there by Taxi? Or is there another beach we should go to instead?

We are arrivng in St. Thomas in April. Looks to be 3 ships there that day. I have heard about Secret Harbor. Is this a nice place and worth the trip. We are looking for a place that is not "so" crowded, that has a good beach, chairs to rent, and place to eat/bar. Is the water there ok to swim? Is the best way to get there by Taxi? Or is there another beach we should go to instead?

This would be a great less crowded stop to go. Beautiful beach. The Blue Moon restaurant has great food. Take a taxi it's the easiest way.

Here's their website http://www.secretharbourvi.com/

Edited by crewsweeper

We were there just last week- beautiful beach (perfect to lay in the sand- there were chairs to rent, but guests have priority), fantastic clear water- we had a completely calm day, great snorkeling. There was a place to eat with good food and drinks, and I assume that means restrooms as well (we didn't use them). Very uncrowded, more so in the afternoon as wind was insane at Sapphire and people were coming over who had gone there. But even then, tons of room to spread out.

We told our cab driver a meeting time and he showed up 20 minutes early to get us. Another cab also picked up a group around this time. They will come back for you. It isn't far from Havensight, but i don't recall exactly how long- the drivers there are a bit crazy, so we were watching that instead. It was $10pp for us.

Ok, sounds great, we will plan on making that trip then. Do you have to go in through the resort entrance, or just walk right on the beach? Is there a fee for using the beach there? So, we just need to ask the taxi driver to pick us up at certain time?? Thanks for the info and help:)

The parking lot leads right to the beach, no need to go in any sort of resort building. There was not a fee for the beach (if there was, there were no signs or people stating such...)

Our taxi driver actually asked US when he should come back! They want a guaranteed fare in the afternoon :) But yes, you should just tell the driver when to come back. Make sure you are clear whether or not you are using local time (we figured that was the best way to just be clear) but many of the drivers are used to cruisers having "ships time" so they might assume you mean that (ours sounded surprised we said local time.)

Thanks to all for the info. I was also wondering if there were any restroom facilities available for the Secret Harbour Beach area. This seems like a great choice of beaches for our upcoming cruise. Just hope that there are chairs available for rent. Is the beach pretty clear of a lot of rocks as far as walking out into the water?

Thanks to all for the info. I was also wondering if there were any restroom facilities available for the Secret Harbour Beach area. This seems like a great choice of beaches for our upcoming cruise. Just hope that there are chairs available for rent. Is the beach pretty clear of a lot of rocks as far as walking out into the water?

I think there was a restroom (in the restaraunt area) but we didn't use it.

The water was definetly clear of rocks- you can easily walk in bare feet out in the water (and the water was crystal clear, you could see your toes when you were up to your thighs in water... of course, I'm short, so my toes are closer).

There are rocks to the left of the beach that provide great snorkeling, tons of fish, and a turtle that some people spotted.

• 2 years later...