Denali Tundra Wilderness Tour

2little time

I just got off the phone with Princess after upgrading from the Denali Natural History Tour to the Tundra Wilderness Tour. It was very easy and I discovered that although the excursion online showed that it was sold out, there was actually still room. I was also suprised to learn that there was an additional time for this excursion. 0600 and 1400 are shown on the excursion list but I was informed there is also an 0730 tour that is not listed!

I was also suprised to learn that there was an additional time for this excursion. 0600 and 1400 are shown on the excursion list but I was informed there is also an 0730 tour that is not listed!

Actually there are lots of TWT buses between 0600 and 0730, and even later than 0730 as well.

The Park mandates that there are only a certain number of buses per day in the park and they must have at least 20 minutes between buses. There are usually around 15-20 TWTs every morning, so they are staggered out over a couple of hours.

Archived