Dawn...Yes or NO??

GOIN2C

I have never sailed NCL and am thinking of booking the Dawn in the near future.

I need to know the pros and cons of the Dawn! HELP!!!;)

We enjoyed our cruise on her - a very friendly ship. The only cons I can think of are:

No outdoor Garden Cafe

Could use one more outdoor pool

We loved the Dawn. Before we got on board I didn't think I would like the layout of the pool deck but it turned out to be very cool. I did miss the Great Outdoors but that would be my only con!

Everything else is great. We visited all the specialty restaurants and enjoyed them. Can't think of any reason not to Book it!:)

Jai

If you twisted my arm to get me to tell you a con about the Dawn it would be our suite creaked and squeeked the entire time we were aboard her. I am hoping that is some how fixed in dry dock, but not for sure how they would fix that. It wasn't enough that we couldn't sleep, etc.. I'm just trying to dig for a con. Other than that, it is as everyone else has said, a great ship, a great crew, and good food.

We sailed aboard the Dawn in August. Previously, six months prior, we sailed on the Gem. That being said, my expectations of the Dawn were low. However, was I wrong! All-in-all, we loved the Dawn. In fact, even a little more than the Gem. The Dawn has an extremely friendly crew. The Blue Lagoon is amazing. Beautiful ship! :)

I don't think I have been on a ship that doesn't have a "can't get there from here" layout. :D

When you were on the Dream, you were on one of the most notorious "can't get there from here" ships. After they stretched the Windward and Dreamward, there were places you could not get to without going up or down a deck or two.

The Norway had a few of these also, but they were on the very lowest deck. Like you could not go from your cabin on lower deck to the Leeward dining room without going up a few decks and then traverse the ship.

PE

When you were on the Dream' date=' you were on one of the most notorious "can't get there from here" ships. After they stretched the Windward and Dreamward, there were places you could not get to without going up or down a deck or two.

The Norway had a few of these also, but they were on the very lowest deck. Like you could not go from your cabin on lower deck to the Leeward dining room without going up a few decks and then traverse the ship.

PE[/color']

So true. The Dream could be a nightmare! My wife never could figure out how I would get to the Aft pool area when it took her so long. The Norway was fun wandering around in those mazes. We would laugh like little kids at times.

The Dawn remains our favorite ship. We LOVE everything about this beautiful ship and its staff. We are torn between the Dawn this December, or trying the Star for our first time. We like the Western side better, and love Roatan so we are leaning towards the Star, but I just can't easily say no to the Dawn. Life is hard!!!!

The galleys (kitchens) are the main reason for having to go up over and down, etc. to get to another location on the same deck you're on. The galleys tend to be centrally located, servicing dining rooms forward and aft of them. If you don't want to take the detour, cut through the galley. I've done it! I was much younger, and security was much more relaxed back then!

Archived