Dec. 21, 2012. Will you cruise or not?

jandjfun

I am curious to see how many people have no qualms with cruising on this date. My sister said she wants to be cruising and I said no way. I want to be home with my family. Just in case:eek:. I don't even know that I believe all that is said about the end of the world, but I don't want to risk it either!

How do you feel about it? Would you cruise on that date?

Isn't 12-12-2012 not 21

The OP is correct, the date is suppose to be 12-21-12.

And just for the record, no I don't believe the world will end on that date, but with that being said...I would certainly cruise on that date, no problems or worries at all!

Probably not, but nothing to do with Mayans. Christmas cruises tend to have too many kids!

If you wanted to pay for our cruise, however...

I know....I'm not wild about the price/kids thing.

my mom is on this rant that the world is going to end and the poles are going to switch and we're all gonna die. screw that, do you really believe the mayans, a civilization who ended up killing themselves off? i don't believe it, but as you said i would rather be home with my family *just in case*

I am on the May 1, 2011 sailing of the Crnival Magic, we leave home April 28 & come home May 11. I was listening to the radio the other day & they were talking about another "end of the world" date. So I listened just out of curiosity and they said it would be May 12, 2011!:eek: The first thing I thought was, "YES! I still get to go on my cruise! Woo-hoo!!!!!" LOL:D

So an "end of the world" date of 12-21-12 is OK with me because we may even get our family Alaskan cruise in before that date! ;)

my mom is on this rant that the world is going to end and the poles are going to switch and we're all gonna die. screw that, do you really believe the mayans, a civilization who ended up killing themselves off? i don't believe it, but as you said i would rather be home with my family *just in case*

The Mayans didn't kill themselves off...

Isn't 12-12-2012 not 21

Nope, winter solstice, the 21st.

I don't have any of my repeats on my calendars past 12-31-2025... not because I think the world is going to end, but just because I don't think I'll need the repetitive entrys past that date! If I do, I'll add them in.

Same for the Mayans - they developed the calendar to the winter solstice (the end of an annual cycle) and decided that was far enough!

Will I be cruising on the 21st? Prob'ly not, we usually cruise in September or October...

The only accommodation I'm making to the end of the world scenario is that I'm co-opting my sister's Dec 20th birthday, and celebrating my 51st birthday then, too (I turn 51 on Dec 22 -- I want to make sure I get to have my cake and beer :D )

LOL, Well, if we are going to be hit with solar flares and the magnetic poles do shift, I'd rather be sailing than on land. Better to be in a small, controlled chaos (similar to the Splendor), than in a city of more than 2 million gone stark, raving mad (assuming the Mayans had a sinister reason for ending their calendar on the 21st of December, 2012 and it all comes true). As for Y2K, I actually flew to Hawaii on January 1st, 2000, and, because so many ppl cancelled their trips, I pretty much had Maui to myself (got an up-grade to an ocean-front suite and was a pampered guest). So much for end-of-the-world scenarios LOL While everyone else is cowering in bunkers, I'm out there taking advantage of the perks available...:D

Well, I usually don't cruise at that time of year anyway, but I'm not scared to. We had a Mayan tour guide in Mexico last year, and he told all of us that the whole 2012 movie is just for entertainment and not based on Mayan beliefs. He told us that the Mayan calendar doesn't have that as the end of the world, but rather the start of a new era, which is supposed to be a wonderful, peaceful, glorious era. I just had to laugh when I heard that. How easily we humans can be fooled! It didn't take me long to figure out who I was going to believe: Hollywood or a Mayan from Mexico.

Well, I usually don't cruise at that time of year anyway, but I'm not scared to. We had a Mayan tour guide in Mexico last year, and he told all of us that the whole 2012 movie is just for entertainment and not based on Mayan beliefs. He told us that the Mayan calendar doesn't have that as the end of the world, but rather the start of a new era, which is supposed to be a wonderful, peaceful, glorious era. I just had to laugh when I heard that. How easily we humans can be fooled! It didn't take me long to figure out who I was going to believe: Hollywood or a Mayan from Mexico.

You are correct.

It is the start of a new era...A time of great change.

I will NOT be cruising December 21, 2012....

But not because of some imaginary hoccus poccus "end of the world"....

but because of to many REAL kids on board....(school is out during that time)...

:D

Archived