Trains

dotshub

go to: http://www.bahn.com this is the German web site but it shows all the trains in the EU. Check out the schedule and the types of trains. Yes, a Eurail pass can be used. I lived in Germany for a number of years and travel by train a lot. Great time. BUT you have to carry your own luggage and train stops are very short in time. You must be ready to board and exit within a few minutes,

Train travel in Europe is nice but can be expensive depending on where you are travelling. I used the Eurail website to buy tickets for travel between countries. You will probably need a multi-country pass to do that route.

Only use Eurail if you want to pay thru the nose.

Better fares will be available while you are in Europe. Trains are so common and frequent that space is virtually always available.

Find a good TA or an online travel site with traveler reviews and experiences to help you find the best information about trains in Europe.

FWIW, in 07, we took the train from Prague to Vienna, and then from Vienna to Venice. I do not remember the fares, but it was WAY less than the prices we saw on Eurail before we left the US.

Trains in Europe are awesome! :)

The trip takes about 11 hours. You will need to change trains at least once or more depending on the routing you choose. Several different routes are available and the countryside is beautiful. If you have the time it sounds like fun.

The German rail site Bahn.com is an excellent place to start researching but I don't think you can book online more than three months out.

Archived