Newbie question about IS class on Carnival

kittyness

Hi,

I'm new to cruising and this site. My husband and I are booked for a 7-night W. Carribbean cruise on Carnival Conquest. We thought we would save some money on the room and put that toward excursions so we booked an IS room. What kinds of rooms have you been assigned when booking IS? Is it a bad room 100% of the time? Have we made a big mistake?

Thanks!

I answered your other thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1337968

Carnival does upsells, so they will try and move people to all the higher inside cabins and then whatever is left is what they will assign. Iv been on the bottom two decks, my last two IS gtys.

The only real difference is convenience. If you are higher up, you can just run up and down a flight or two of stairs, but when you are all the way down, you pretty much need to take the elevator everywhere .. just be prepared and bring your patience.

Thanks for the info! After reading the threads about noisy cabins, shaking, etc., I was beginning to think we were going to be put in the worst possible place. Now I'm a bit more optimistic. :)

You very well may be put in the worst possible place. My son & daughter-in-law got a cabin at the very front of the ship that had twin beds that could not be pushed together due the cabin configuration. On the other hand you could get a good location. For myself I like to pick my location, costs a little more but worth it to me.

You have received the best of both answers. Since this is your first cruise, you have nothing to compare and realize your Inside cabin will have no windows and probably be a little smaller but definately servicable; twin beds are a possiblity but all other on board services are the same. Go with it for the savings and then maybe next time splurge for a higher category.

You very well may be put in the worst possible place. My son & daughter-in-law got a cabin at the very front of the ship that had twin beds that could not be pushed together due the cabin configuration. On the other hand you could get a good location. For myself I like to pick my location, costs a little more but worth it to me.

Didnt those cabins also have a window and were HC? sounds like a 4J, which if so with a window, Id take one in a second. btw, the beds can be pushed together, just the headboards dont move. .. Id have jumped for joy at that location, high deck.

Here is my thought: I don't care what my cabin looks like! Just get me on the ship!! As long as I have somewhere to sleep and change clothes, the rest of the time I have EVERYTHING else that the person paying for the fanciest cabin has. Just get me on the ship, take me to an island, let me have a fancy drink in my hand, let me soak up some of those wonderful Caribbean rays, and you will not find a more contented person on the face of this earth!

Didnt those cabins also have a window and were HC? sounds like a 4J, which if so with a window, Id take one in a second. btw, the beds can be pushed together, just the headboards dont move. .. Id have jumped for joy at that location, high deck.

Yes, it was a HC room with a window that looked out onto the deck instead of looking out to the ocean. It was at the very front of the ship. They didn't care for it but I understand others would like it.

Archived