Experienced northbound pacific cruisers

Gingee

We have been booked on the northbound cruise from San Diego to Vancouver since last summer for this May. Just read that the northbound's weather is usually not good and the seas are rough. Any experience anyone?

We have been booked on the northbound cruise from San Diego to Vancouver since last summer for this May. Just read that the northbound's weather is usually not good and the seas are rough. Any experience anyone?
We did the LA - Alaska - Vancouver May 2010 repositioning on Mercury [half-sister of Century]. Weather in Alaska was gorgeous [calm, sunny, 80s] but south of that it was rough and cool [40s and 50s]. 40 foot waves off Oregon, and not a lot better elsewhere south of the Inside Passage. But weather is highly variable.

Thom

We had the same experience as Thom on our May 2010 Alaska cruise going from San Diego to Seattle (first leg) on the Millennium. 2 pretty rough sea days going North in the Pacific. You may get lucky but I think that area is generally pretty rough. Once we reached Seattle, we had beautiful weather for the remainder of the cruise! :)

Hi Gingee:) I know you posted about this on the roll call. That Sept

southbound sailing is 14 nights and wayyy more $:eek:. It might be

smoother but if it is not within the budget? Smoother seas won't

matter;)

I can't wait to sail in May:D...dress appropriately and if you are prone

to sea-sickness bring some Bonine.

Two years ago, I did two Mexi-not cruises on Carnival Splendor in mid-May, Long Beach to Vancouver via Astoria and Victoria. I had a front facing cabin, right under the bridge. there were some bumpy times, felt like we were hitting potholes, but nothing that would make you seasick or keep you awake. I would not worry. EM

Archived