Gift Vouchers. Can someone please confirm ..............

Rum Rat

................ that what I have here is correct?

Please note, we are talking 'principle' here, not the 'value'

Passenger ‘A’ Bank Debit Card £250.00 OBC. Has to spend £250.00 before Portunus Discount is applied

Passenger ‘B’ No Bank Card £250.00 OBC. Deposits £250.00 With Reception. Has to spend £250.00 before Portunus Discount is applied

Passenger ‘C’ Bank Debit Card £250.00 OBC. Has £250.00 Gift Voucher from Family. Has to spend £500.00 before Portunus Discount is applied.

Passenger ‘D’ Band Debit Card £250.00 OBC. Has £250.00 Cash Gift from Family in their bank. Has to spend £250.00 before Portunus Discount is applied

Thank you

Mike

It's not difficult - Portunas discounts only apply to spend after you have spent any OBC and a gift voucher is considered OBC.

£250 OBC (in effect 100% discount for the first £250 of spend) is better than a few % off £250 of actual spend on board.

The principle is quite simple. The Portunus discount, in reality a "cashback" as it is not appplied to individual purchases but as a final account adjustment, is applied to the final balance of your account (ie, to the amount you would have to pay on dissembarkation) after deducting none eligible items like cash and foreign currency charged to your account.

Nice to see the medications finally working, keep taking the tablets and the stupid questions will disappear in the next couple of days too (hopefully) :D

I would be passenger X, any discount deducted at the end of my cruise is a bonus because I don't sit and work out what the cost "really" is everytime I use my cruise card. What does this £3.79 cocktail really cost me with 7.5% discount? Should I buy it or not?

I would be passenger X, any discount deducted at the end of my cruise is a bonus because I don't sit and work out what the cost "really" is everytime I use my cruise card. What does this £3.79 cocktail really cost me with 7.5% discount? Should I buy it or not?

Nor do I Rosie

I send the good lady to collect a bar tariff card as soon as we board. I then set to work calculating the exact cost including my TEN % discount off every drink. I do this as it has happened when I have been in a situation when I have had to buy a drink for others

The calculator in my pocket is thus only used to keep a running total of our spends. I have an alarm setting which alerts me when I am approaching using 75% of our daily apportionment of our OBC.

Cb

The calculator in my pocket is thus only used to keep a running total of our spends. I have an alarm setting which alerts me when I am approaching using 75% of our daily apportionment of our OBC.

Cb

Where can I purchase such a magical machine?

Can I buy it on board ship?

How much does it cost?

Will I be able to receive a discount when I buy it?

If it's available in the shop and there's a promotion on it (say 12.5%) of the original price, will I still receive my Portunus discount, assuming that i've spent my OBC or used up my gift voucher?

If theres a "sale" on in the shop will it be able to calculate the shop discount AND my portunus discount?

Does it support Wi-Fi, so I can link it to the ships system to find out whether I've used my OBC up before I buy it? :confused::confused::confused:;)

Archived