Jan 2010 Mercury: 1st class. Review later

JEDIKNIGHT

Hello Ladies, Gentlemen and those somewhere in between (hey, it's 2011)...

Just got home today from Mercury.

I'll post a full review later on after resting up and collecting thoughts but I just wanted.

But for now, I'll say it was an overall excellent cruise. Service, food, the whole nine yards so while I won't dispute the recent negative comments....I can say without a doubt that I'd suggest this cruise to anybody, even the more discerning upscale traveler.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to make hot dogs. Then make plans NOT to go to a show tonight. Then tomorrow make my bed. And then there's a nasty rumor going around that when I go out to eat, it won't be a 5 course meal, but the waiter will actually leave a bill at the table too.

Welcome Back! Like yourself I found little if anything at all to fault with the cruise on this fine ship. And like yourself the trauma of having to cook my own meals was a slap in the face that reality had indeed returned. And I didn't make my bed for at least 2 or 3 days after getting back. My way of protesting.;)

Jedi,

I'm happy to hear you had an excellent experience. We did as well. Too bad we didn't have a chance to meet, but we did meet your lovely parents.

How was your butler? One of our former stateroom attendants introduced us to your butler.

We went out for lunch yesterday, and last night dh made Progresso soup from a can. Dinner was Progress soup and Triscuits! Not up to the quality of the previous 12 nights although our Italian lunch yesterday was very good. Well, back to reality now. . . .at least until February 14th when we are on the Mercury again for the final sailing with X.

Kathy

I too have been eagerly awaiting your return. I'm very interested to

find out if George was your butler. If so, how was he? I hope he treated

you well. Figuring that his transfer to the Mercury was traumatic for him, and that explained his "off week" when we had him.

Archived