Are there any active and "mature" singles out there?

famfam

I'm a "young", single 60 yr old female, looking for active "seniors" who are traveling alone. I am an ex flight attendant and certified scuba diver, who loves adventure and has traveling in her blood. I have mostly traveled with son and Mom in the past, but expect to have to do more traveling on my own in the future. Anyone else out there traveling alone? LI love the Caribbean, Europe, Mediterranean, etc. Cruised the Western Caribbean over the holidays and the Baltics last summer. Fuddy, duddys need not reply.

I am in the same boat! Its hard to find friends that like to cruise..meaning they don't get seasick and are single...and are able to do activities like snorkeling. I don't have scuba cert but have thought about it, have done the snuba in Grand Turk! Loved it after my initial panic attack! It was much noisier than I expected but fun. I love being in the water. I have 3 cruises booked right now, one with an older friend who can't do a lot of the activities due to her health, one solo TA and one in 2012 that I still need a cabin mate for. Its an aft balcony over Halloween...friends have the entire aft section of the 10th deck booked. I know it will be a blast but really expensive if I have to pay it all myself!!:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I suppose that I qualify for this age group as I am currenly 59, turn 60 May 25 and since I took my first cruise back in March 2004 with my daughter (who is now in college) I have taken a cruise every year since then. I am currently booked on the Carnival Dream for April 23, 2011 Eastern Caribbean. This will be 12th cruise and most likely my only cruise for this year. Me? Single...kind of due to my being divorced for many years now. Have never scuba dived, not due to any fear, just haven't done it, but have snorkeled...love doing that! Do like to spend time at different beaches, partly for the sun and partly due to me really liking to take photo's of different places I have visited. Not afraid to get up early to take pics of the sunrise...did that 5 times on a cruise I took last October. Don't like to remain on the ship while in port. Like to get out and about.

Rob:)

That is the Subject of Post. No one had answered the posts. You messages leave subject blank <BG>

Oh Trikini was a Design concept for a sailing Double Outrigger we designed and built in various sizes from mid 60's to late 95.

Now retired own a 32 ft power tri ( designed and built) but like someone serving me and not having to do watch and watch anymore so getting addicted to cruising but the single Supplement is killing me. Could cruise twice as often with a cruise mate.

• 2 weeks later...

I just turned 70 and still work part time. I am married, but DH is much older and due to many health problems now lives in a nursing home. I cruised last month with my daughter and friends, all much younger than I am, and we had a great time. But, I'm going solo in May and will probably so the same in the future.

I love anything having to do with water, tried scuba but had problem with panic - I'll try again, like snorkeling, too, but I'm not athletic so mostly just paddle around.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few thoughts -

My wife and I have sailed with her single sister. We all had a good time. The accommodations were cozy, but not unreasonable. If we had upgraded to a more spacious cabin we could have gained some more elbow room, but not necessary.

I am suprised that you can't find a married friend who wants to leave their spouse (who doesn't like cruises) at home for a week or two.

Happy sailing:)

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an active 66 year old and take many holidays per year usually cruises (7 or 8 per year) as well as fly to places I read or hear about. Sometimes just get ion the car and drive to see where I wind up.

If you want to cruise I suggest doing a search of single cruises and you should discover companies that will give you the option of room mate matching. I've taken about 16 single cruises sometime with a match and often just me in the room. I've met many friends and actually have 24 that are considered family and we stay in touch and cruise at least twice a year and are scheduling reunions in different members areas.

I just turned 64 and am married. I want to travel more than my husband does. And we have different traveling styles. I like to plan, know what I want to see and look forward to everything. He just wants to wait until he gets there to see what it is like. I like excursions to learn everything I can about the history or operation etc. Hubby just wants to relax and maybe "knock around". We went to Alaska last year and are going to Hawaii this year. He has already told me not to plan all the excursions like I did in Alaska. I thought our Alaska trip was about the highlight of my life. He has even suggested that I travel once a year with a friend and once a year with him. I just can't get a friend who is all that interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am a young, single 63 yo male, and pretty active individual. Just took a cruise in December & February. Went solo in February on Carnival had a great time.

I am currently in the planning process for my next cruise. Like to cruise between November and April.

Always interested in meeting new people.

Here is me and some new friends I made on the Carnival Glory, last month..

100_1788.jpg.04ea5081d1fd3288ba69b7435846938a.jpg

100_1966.jpg.7c19539a09d860e0755589b2207f27e2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I just turned 64 and am married. I want to travel more than my husband does. And we have different traveling styles. I like to plan, know what I want to see and look forward to everything. He just wants to wait until he gets there to see what it is like. I like excursions to learn everything I can about the history or operation etc. Hubby just wants to relax and maybe "knock around". We went to Alaska last year and are going to Hawaii this year. He has already told me not to plan all the excursions like I did in Alaska. I thought our Alaska trip was about the highlight of my life. He has even suggested that I travel once a year with a friend and once a year with him. I just can't get a friend who is all that interested.

Hello,

We are a trio of sisters and friend and always need a 4th girl to share. We have 2 balcony rooms which I'm going to finalize booking on Saturday (14th). Our cruise is out of Barcelona and is a 7 day Mediterrean MSC cruise from 7/1 to 7/8. We will lose our 2nd cabin as don't have but 3 girls. So wish you could come with. I do all the planning as used to be in the airline business and love to do it. We go on ALL shore excursions as I do them with private tour companies. Maybe we can go somewhere together next time. Please send a message as we need to have a 'group' as it is always the best way to cruise.

Karen D.

I'm a "young", single 60 yr old female, looking for active "seniors" who are traveling alone. I am an ex flight attendant and certified scuba diver, who loves adventure and has traveling in her blood. I have mostly traveled with son and Mom in the past, but expect to have to do more traveling on my own in the future. Anyone else out there traveling alone? LI love the Caribbean, Europe, Mediterranean, etc. Cruised the Western Caribbean over the holidays and the Baltics last summer. Fuddy, duddys need not reply.

Hey lady! Also a ex-flight attendant who has travel in my blood. We are going to Barcelona to catch a MSC 7 day cruise on 7/1. Wish you could join us. There are 3 of us, two sisters and a friend that travel each year. We secured two cheap balconies this time, but will have to lose one as we just have 3 girls. Need to finalize this on Sat 14th. We do ALL onshore tours as the Mediterrean is way too cool to miss! Please contact me if interested. Thanks, Karen D, email is: knitsnbag@hotmail.com.

Hey lady! Also an ex-flight attendant too who loves to travel. We have 2 sisters + a buddy each summer to go together. We go in the summer as my sister teaches and only time off other than spring break. Leaving this summer from Barcelona for a 7 day MSC Mediterrean cruise. Wish you go with. Finalizing the booking on Sat 14th. Email me if you want to talk about planning for another time. Karen D. knitsnbag@hotmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
Florida Girl: What city do you live in. I live in Tampa. Always looking for someone to cruise with too. Not interested for this year at this time.

Live in Leesburg mid. state

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat, so to speak. I'm going on the cruise to Hawaii in Sept. this yr. for my birthday. All my friends are married, or not able to go. My sister hasn't ever flown & never will, let alone go on a cruise. My sons aren't able to go with me either. I've gone to Alaska alone & really enjoyed it. I guess it's what you make of it.

I've done nearly 30 solo cruises and I'm now in my late 50's. Absolutely love cruising solo, and it's the only way to travel. I've been lucky to have cruised all over the world solo because no one in my family is adventurous and won't cruise outside the Caribbean or Alaska. If I waited for someone to cruise with, I'd be sitting home and not enjoying the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I agree with traveling solo.

It is a fun way to travel.

I am a young 60 y/o single/solo male.

And I am going on the RCL Navigator

of the Seas, for six days leaving out

of Ft. Lauderdale, on 12/4/11.

Anyone else coming??

Archived