If you have been upgraded on allure/oasis

I booked the Allure an inside guarantee but was assigned a balcony over central park. So of course I was thrilled. and we loved, loved, loved it. Enjoyed the park, spent a bit a time on it and enjoyed people watching and watching the rising tide bar go up and down. However, we aren't fans of ocean balconies which tend to be more money. When we book on the Allure or Oasis we'll be booking in this order #1 - Balcony over central park #2 Balcony over Boardwalk. I would not be happy if I chose that and then would be upgraded to a balcony ocean but probably wouldn't mind a JS upgrade.

Last year we were booked on the Freedom for Dec 27, 2009. A week prior RCCL called my mom and dad, who are in Fl for the winter, they said that the Freedom was overbooked and would we mind going on the Oasis that was departing on Dec 26 instead. We said yes!!!! Mom and Dad had a balcony and I had an interior room on the Freedom. On the Oasis we were given adjoining boardwalk balcony cabins. Mom, whose name was on the reservation received five or maybe it was seven hundred dollars shipboard credit and I received two hundred dollars shipboard credit for our "inconvenience". We had a great time!

Last year we were booked on the Freedom for Dec 27, 2009. A week prior RCCL called my mom and dad, who are in Fl for the winter, they said that the Freedom was overbooked and would we mind going on the Oasis that was departing on Dec 26 instead. We said yes!!!! Mom and Dad had a balcony and I had an interior room on the Freedom. On the Oasis we were given adjoining boardwalk balcony cabins. Mom, whose name was on the reservation received five or maybe it was seven hundred dollars shipboard credit and I received two hundred dollars shipboard credit for our "inconvenience". We had a great time!

That is an awesome "inconvenience", I'd take it!!! LOL

WOW! Now that's an upgrade!!

On our recent Allure trip we were lucky enough to get upgraded to a Crown Loft Suite, it was very nice, although it was strange to notice how much more of the ships movement could be felt that high up.

what category were you originally booked in?? I'd take the motion anyday to be in the Loft Suite:p

cc

JS to Crown Loft , not bad I think, a really nice upgrade and proof that Loyalty does pay.:)

It pays off inconsistently and randomly, according to what I've read here, although you seem to have had a run of good luck lately.

I will be platinum this sailing, March 5th on Oasis. I am sailing in a group. We all have D1's. My kids are sailing with us and we booked ajoining d1's....what are the chances of an upgrade in this situation? I'd definately give up my 2 rooms for a large suite, but not a JS.

On the Oasis this Dec. 23rd sailing and upgraded from a D8 balcony forward to a D5 balcony midship and our kids from an "N" interior to D5 balcony with a refund of $640. This worked out great, especially for the kids since they got a balcony and we were able to open up the divider so that we could walk back and forth between cabins. However, after getting home we've discovered that our $640 refund was put back on to a credit card that we no longer have and has expired (it was a prepaid card) instead of the other card which was used to also pay for the cruise. We still haven't gotten it resolved but hopefully we'll get our refund! :confused:

On the Oasis 27Nov2010 sailing got an upgrade from D5 balcony to Crown Loft Suite.I was thrilled with an upgrade. It was not expected as I have Gold member status.

I was just wondering if a Gold member ever received an upgrade! Nice to hear that at least one has, but won't be holding my breath......but can always hope!

Archived