Just back from Equinox (1/7 -1/17) Any questions?

Bobby Dee

We were on the Equinox last year for the western Caribbean and we're going on the 28th for the eastern. We enjoyed her so much, we're going again. We've been to all of the islands on the cruise except St. Kitts. What was your favorite stop on your cruise?

Any noise?

The cabin was just below the pool deck and in the mornings you could hear stewards setting up the location, and one night when we were trying to go to sleep there were loud banging noises coming from someplace outside that was very annoying. So, I wouldn't call the cabin quiet. But you have to expect these kinds of noises on any ship.

Did the overhang block the sun from your balcony?

Not during the morning or later afternoon, depending on the direction. We noticed bright sunshine on the verandah one morning. But it was very pleasant. The overhang wasn't an issue at all.

The brace supporting the pool deck was always there but we only noticed it the first time we went out there. It didn't block the view at all. It's one of those things that just seem to disappear, like the railing.

Absolutely fantastic ship, crew, and cruise experience. Submitted the rather long review, and I'll post the link when it gets posted.

Thank you for offering…

• Was the food in the AQ restaurant good or great?
  • Who was the Cruise Director?
  • Who is the Captain Club Host?
  • How were the shows at night?

We were on the Equinox last year for the western Caribbean and we're going on the 28th for the eastern. We enjoyed her so much, we're going again. We've been to all of the islands on the cruise except St. Kitts. What was your favorite stop on your cruise?

We'd been to all the ports several ti mes before, so we didn't do very much port wise. I had a really good time river tubing in Dominica, we went to the beach in Barbados, went to Marigot in St Martin, shopped and went to church in St. Thomas, and just did a little site seeing and shopped in St Kitts.

I think St Kitts is the prettiest of the islands viewing from the ship. The harbors at Charlotte Amalie and Phillipsburg are beautiful.

I'm finding that the ship itself is becoming the destination, and the Equinox is now our favorite ship.

Cannot wait to read your full review. Thanks for answering the brief questions here as well. This is the great thing about this forum....Everyone wants to read about the peer's experience. It is amazing to me that we all put a lot of stock in the reviews and they are only personal opinions of the poster. Funny how WE all are.

Cookie

Thank you for offering…

• Was the food in the AQ restaurant good or great?

Blu was absolutely fantastic. I don't think we'll book any other way in the future. They operate out of a different kitchen with a different menu. If there was anything they could do to satisfy you, they would do it.

• Who was the Cruise Director?

Que was the CD and we can't say enough about him. But alas, he's leaving the Equinox in the next few weeks and will be assigned to the Eclipse when he returns from vacation.

• Who is the Captain Club Host?

We are select, not elite, and only met the hostess once. Sorry, I didn't write down her name.

• How were the shows at night?

Some pretty good, some not so great. From my review:

We went to several shows and I enjoyed each one, with the exception of a singer/impressionist who just didn't have the voice it. Perhaps he was suffering a cold? The Cirque style show (Equinox) was really good, but it seemed to last too long. The Pianist / Comedian was exceptional. There was a violinist who was able to headline an entire show. I didn't think she'd be able to do, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The Fiddler on the Roof medley was exceptional. We had a standup Comedian / Impressionist who had my wife roaring in laughter. I find I'm getting too old to stay up for the late night comics, and their midnight performances; so I can't review those shows.

I hope my entire review will be published soon.

We'd been to all the ports several ti mes before, so we didn't do very much port wise. I had a really good time river tubing in Dominica, we went to the beach in Barbados, went to Marigot in St Martin, shopped and went to church in St. Thomas, and just did a little site seeing and shopped in St Kitts.

I think St Kitts is the prettiest of the islands viewing from the ship. The harbors at Charlotte Amalie and Phillipsburg are beautiful.

I'm finding that the ship itself is becoming the destination, and the Equinox is now our favorite ship.

As it is ours. What beach did you visit in Barbados?

Thank you.

we sail on Jan 28th--glad the overhang & pool deck overhead not a big issue..it will be our first time on EQ & first time in AQ

looks like we may miss Que as the CD--any idea who is filiing in?

Did they have the brunch? ( what day?) Any special night time events?

How were the pool areas...relaxing, crowded, busy???

How was the weather in the ports?

Thanks for inviting ques...--can't wait to get out of the cold for awhile..

we sail on Jan 28th--glad the overhang & pool deck overhead not a big issue..it will be our first time on EQ & first time in AQ

looks like we may miss Que as the CD--any idea who is filiing in?

Sorry, no idea.

Did they have the brunchr? ( what day?) Any special night time events?

They had a champagne brunch, but we didn't go. I think it was $20 per person, but we decided against it. Sorry.

How were the pool areas...relaxing, crowded, busy???

We spent most of our time at the Adult Pool and it wasn't very crowded. The outdoor pool seemed to have more activity, but there seemed to be open chairs around. There were always places that you could lounge in the sun. Do try to go to the top deck where there are beds available for napping. Yes, real beds.

How was the weather in the ports?

On our cruise the weather was warm and nice in just about all the ports. We had some rain in Dominica while I was tubing. But the weather changes every day, so I can't promise anything.;)

Thanks for inviting ques...--can't wait to get out of the cold for awhile..

I really hope that your cruise is just as good as ours was.

thanks for the replies..we are looking forward to it!!!

champagne brunch sounds nice but usually they have a brunch on a sea day that is free---instead of a midnight buffet!! guess we'll find out soon!!!

I was on this sailing as well, also in AQ, and loved it!

They actually had two "free" sea day brunches--one on each Saturday of the cruise. The one that cost $20 or something like that was in Murano (we did not experience this).

Thanks for the review--Equinox is now our favorite as well!

Hcat they did have a brunch on the second to last sea day for us sat 1/15 it was in the silhouette dining room, no cost 1000 - 100 no midnight buffets

Pete

I hadn't noticed that one, Pete. I was playing in a Texas Hold em tournament and between all the food I had already eaten and the football games going on, I don't remember seeing it.

Absolutely fantastic ship, crew, and cruise experience. Submitted the rather long review, and I'll post the link when it gets posted.

The entire review was posted:http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=77491

If there are any other questions let me know.

Bobby Dee

Archived