11:50 am flight

cathyoo

We will be flying out of Fort Lauderdale on 5/7/11. Our flight choices are a non stop from FLL at 11:50am and get us home about 2:40 PM or one that leaves at 1:30 but we don't get home until 7:30 PM because of a layover.

So guys what do you think. Can we make the 11:50? I don't want to spend my entire cruise worrying about missing a flight.

thanks for any and all input.

We will be flying out of Fort Lauderdale on 5/7/11. Our flight choices are a non stop from FLL at 11:50am and get us home about 2:40 PM or one that leaves at 1:30 but we don't get home until 7:30 PM because of a layover.

So guys what do you think. Can we make the 11:50? I don't want to spend my entire cruise worrying about missing a flight.

thanks for any and all input.

I would say "Go for it"-you'd have plenty of time. Last week when I got off the Miracle, I did the self disembark-I left the ship shortly after 8 a.m., took a pre-paid shuttle to the airport a few minutes later, and was at the aiport by 8:30 a.m. Enjoy your worry-free cruise!:cool:

I absolutely think you can make this flight. You might consider self-disembarkation though; it will get you off the ship faster and the lines at the airport will not be as long yet. Given the hour of this flight, I think I'd rather wait at the airport comfortably and know I am in good shape, rather than sit in a lounge on the ship somewhere waiting to be called off the ship.

I absolutely think you can make this flight. You might consider self-disembarkation though; it will get you off the ship faster and the lines at the airport will not be as long yet. Given the hour of this flight, I think I'd rather wait at the airport comfortably and know I am in good shape, rather than sit in a lounge on the ship somewhere waiting to be called off the ship.

thanks everyone for your quick replies.

We will be traveling with my SIL who will probably have more luggage than she can handle. Does anyone know if Southwest participates in the luggage express service?

IU've heard that SWA is going to particiapte in the on board EZ Check program but can't say for sure. In any case, SWA aganets (bags to Go) station themselves right outside the disembarkation terminal and will take your bags and issue boarding passes ($10 per bag)... you see thme gain at your final destination.

You are disembarking on a Saturday.. I highly suggest you get off as soon as possible... FLL can be very chaotic when 7 ships disembark on Saturdays and will have long lines at airport checkin and security.

11:50 is very doable...get off as early as possible and take a taxi..

Archived